Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jersey Girl is a Tom Waits song... 

well i'll be...i always thought it was a springsteen track..learn something new every day

apologies uni..i take that back

One of the few benefits of lots of time in the office lately has been catching up on music, enjoying Nick Caves 2013 album "Push the sky away" which I missed. Then went on to his 2016 albumn "Skeleton Tree", very dark, hectic back story, his 15 year old son cruised off a cliff on hist first acid trip and died and this was the start of the catharsis.  Parking that alongside Bowie's "Blackstar" to come back to when I feel more capable.

https://youtu.be/1qqCIMWO8bw

One of the few benefits of lots of time in the office lately has been catching up on music, enjoying Nick Caves 2013 album "Push the sky away" which I missed. Then went on to his 2016 albumn "Skeleton Tree", very dark, hectic back story, his 15 year old son cruised off a cliff on hist first acid trip and died and this was the start of the catharsis.  Parking that alongside Bowie's "Blackstar" to come back to when I feel more capable.

https://youtu.be/1qqCIMWO8bw

very dark album.

• 2 weeks later...

The magnificent Matt Johnson with the peerless Jonny Marr.

Considering this song was written in 1989 the lyrics are eerily prescient.

Lou..you got me to pull out some Jam...this is my favourite from the excellent all mod cons album

Still a good song!

My favourite though from The Jam is Going Underground.

Still a good song!

My favourite though from The Jam is Going Underground.

:thumbup: that and... that's entertainment

Paul Weller unfortunately made mates with Robbie Williams and the Gallagher brothers sometime after the highly acclaimed Wild Wood album..and then became a bit of a chopper

:thumbup: that and... that's entertainment

Paul Weller unfortunately made mates with Robbie Williams and the Gallagher brothers sometime after the highly acclaimed Wild Wood album..and then became a bit of a chopper

It was the nineties, pretty much everyone around Britpop were acting like dicks.

Weller is one of my heroes s o I'm a bit of an apologist.

Here's some angry stuff: The Clash, The Specials, The Jam and Joy Division on a programme called Something Else.

It captures the live spirit very well especially Funeral Pyre by The Jam.

I was lucky enough to be around to see them all live. The Jam and the Clash the most.

Oh Yes.

And a note for Man at C&A by the Specials: C&A was a boring clothes shop chain.

It was the nineties, pretty much everyone around Britpop were acting like dicks.

Weller is one of my heroes s o I'm a bit of an apologist.

Here's some angry stuff: The Clash, The Specials, The Jam and Joy Division on a programme called Something Else.

I was lucky enough to be around to see them all live. The Jam and the Clash the most.

Oh Yes.

And a note for Man at C&A by the Specials: C&A was a boring clothes shop chain.

WOW! Jealousy abounds that you saw those bands live!!

My Mum bought my clothes from C & A when I was a kid :)

true that

great song too

super jealous..Unfortunately i was in the UK in the midst of all that 90's britpop douchebaggery...but still managed to see some pretty memorable bands

as for the clash..this has to be my favourite clash video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOgwuwzfyvQ