Dura Ace wears out

NouSa

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip, I have Dura Ace on my bike and can confirm that certain items on the group set indeed does wear out faster that my previous Ultegra.........specific to the chain/cassette.......

Buddy o fmine works for the distrubutors and have advised that I "upgrade" these itmes to Ultegra which I did in due coarse.......

Thing is it's only the top "sponsered" guys using Dura Ace who don't need to worry about cost.....and as you know the difference in price on parts between the two series of Shimano is substancial.

Shimano 9sp was virtually indestructable, but 10sp just does not last. It makes little difference if it is Dura Ace or Ultegra, except to your pocket.

I ride 10 speed DA,clean my chain once a week,lube it after every 3 rd ride and I get between 4000 and 4500 km on a chain.But if it is still a concern just ride with the Ultegra chain

Nice to have posts not related to "Hoekie vir eensames" or "Dr Phil" again.

I have Dura Chain and Ultegra cluster which is still going fine but i have only done about 1500 km on them. My Tiagra must have about 4000 km on them and no problems so far.

Yip, general rule of thumb we use is to change your chain every 3000km.....this way you replace the chain before it chows your casette and you need to replace both.....

So far this has worked perfect for us since I started doing it this way

I have a D/A chain and cluster, but, as Scotty said, they only have about 1500km on (same bikes, 'cause we're freaking SPECIAL!).

I did have a bike with D/A 9 speed and another bike with Ultegra 9 speed and found that the cluster and chain on the D/A did wear out faster.  I was told by quite a few bike mechs that this was caused by the titanium (and all the other metals and stuff) in the cassette  and chain. 

But, 800km chain changes, no.  Did my 9 speed D/A on about 7500km, but the Ultegra was still going strong on 11000km when I got jacked.

I can see mud starting to fly when everyone logs on again...

I know nothing...leave me out of this!!

Yip' date=' I have Dura Ace on my bike and can confirm that certain items on the group set indeed does wear out faster that my previous Ultegra.........specific to the chain/cassette.......

Buddy o fmine works for the distrubutors and have advised that I "upgrade" these itmes to Ultegra which I did in due coarse.......

Thing is it's only the top "sponsered" guys using Dura Ace who don't need to worry about cost.....and as you know the difference in price on parts between the two series of Shimano is substancial.
[/quote'] As i've said, buy Record, i've had my groupset for 6 yrs no problems.....Smile

I havent really experienced big problems with the Dura Ace. But I've seen the 2006 XTR chainrings chewed to shark teeth within 800k's...in dry conditions!

Yeah those XTR rings are shocking, replaced mine with the Middleburn version, and now we're good to go!

Don't think BBB make the right bolt pattern for the 2006 XTR, I do speak under correction however.