Another fine junior in the making ..............

NotSoBigBen

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alida....
Like I said....This is a popcorn thread.  It involves emotion.  <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The moment someone gets WORKED UP, all hell brakes loose.  THEN it is the end of the world......and the juniors get labeled etc....etc....etc.....bla...bla...bla....

Do you know what I would have done? 
Passed the incident as just another day is our lovely day in paradise and MOVE ON!!  There are FAR MORE depressing issues that I can think of to waste energy and time on........

Not on this.......Not something as petty as this. 

Spidy' date=' the situation is not a black or white - just because bad behaviour from a cyclist gets pointed out does not mean that the person doing so is always going to take the motorists side. Every single incident must be judged on merit. Your recent approach of "the cyclist is always right" is highly frustrating because this is exactly the approach that is causing trouble for so many cyclists out there.

we ALL need to share and compromise. motorists (both good and bad), cyclists (both pro/semi-pro and social), pedestrians, etc, etc, etc. this SA'n attitutude of "mememememe and only me!" is seriously pissing me off.

[/quote']

Ai o Queen Poke.
The problem here is everyone, you included wants? to put everyone on a pedestal and JUDGE them.....who are you to judge?? 

My approach is simple. 
It is an incident.  Move on.  No one cares.  By the time you reach the robot, that driver would have hooted at 15 other people, swared 25 times more than your one finger etc...etc...etc....

Life is too short to waste time ranting over a snotkop 14 year old that does not even KNOW where the one finger solute comes from......Too short.

Spinnekop - and you know that the senseless killings in our country don't bother me? We had that discussion when?[/quote']

BigBen. 
That is not my point.  My point is that at this point in time.  This very second we are now sitting in......YOU CAN DO SQUAT about this.  Nothing. Nudda.  Why upset yourself and get an ulcer??? 

Take the time you spent on writing this rant and draw up a petition against the killing of 14 animals by idiot robbers.  Maybe that will be more worth wile? 

I don't know.  These days? people get off on a tick. 
Stop being so jumpy and see the humor in life!!! 

Spinnekop, ek is nie eens lus om jou hele email te lees nie, so hou sommer nou op lees as jy nie interrested is nie hoor.

Baie motoriste hoot om cylists te waarsku, nie om hulle af te pis nie hoor.  As enigiemand, piss-ant junior cyclist included, vir my die vinger wys, kook my bloed instantly.  Ek persoonlik haal dit gelukkig nie op alle cyclists uit nie want ek weet van beter, maar ander motoriste mag dalk nie so selektief wees nie.

Just a thought...

Nog 'n Suid Afrikaanse padgebruiker wat sy learners moes gefail het.

Jy mag NIE jou toeter gebruik om vriende te groet, voornemende Taxi gebruikers nader te roep, ander padgebruikes af te pis ens nie.

Jy MOET dit wel gebruik om 'n moontlike ongeluk te voorkom, deur ander padgebruikers te waarsku dat jy in hulle rigting op pad as, veral wanneer dit voorkom of hulle onbewus is van jou.

'n Motorvoertuig sonder 'n werkende toeter is onpadwaardig.

MW - the point is really that the hooting is unnecessary.  There is no accident waiting to happen unless the motorist chooses to pass unsafely.  No need to "warn" the cyclist.  Simply slow down, wait for the cyclist to move over or until a safe passing stretch of road is reached and then pass.  It is bloody rude of a motorist to expect a cyclist to move out of his lane simply because he wants to get past.

Ok so NelMapius is about 10k's if not longer with no verge just a single lane of tar but don't worry the motorist will just tootle along patiently at the cyclist 6-8k pace on that tough section for as long as it takes for him to undo / drink / put back his gel. No problem

No it is not rude to use your hooter to warn other road users.  I use the roads too see.  With car, motorbike and bicycle.  Funny how motorists never piss me off with their hooters.  I appreciate it much more than being run off the road with no warning.

Maybe that's why I'm never being being run off the road in the first placeWink

BigBen I think you can do something about it. Contact the management of Harmony and Mr Price and explain to them what happened. If those two riders are still part of them they will probably know who it was and nake the necesarry action.

I helped some juniors a couple of years ago and always worned them to behave on the road as they will always use similar routes with the same kit and if they piss off a motorist today they might come of second best tomorrow. And believe me if one of them misbehaved on the road and the next training ride he gets to ride on the mountainbike he quickly learn to behave after 80 - 100km.

Today that youngster gave the motorist the finger and next week that same motorist pass him and knock him off his bike every one say " shame poor cyclists" but he is looking for it.

Ok so NelMapius is about 10k's if not longer with no verge just a single lane of tar but don't worry the motorist will just tootle along patiently at the cyclist 6-8k pace on that tough section for as long as it takes for him to undo / drink / put back his gel. No problem

That would be what the law requires him to do, but if the cyclist is feeling extra courteous he may choose to move over and allow more space for the motorist to pass.  This is a favour to the motorist not a right.

Nog 'n Suid Afrikaanse padgebruiker wat sy learners moes gefail het.

Jy mag NIE jou toeter gebruik om vriende te groet' date=' voornemende Taxi gebruikers nader te roep, ander padgebruikes af te pis ens nie.

Jy MOET dit wel gebruik om 'n moontlike ongeluk te voorkom, deur ander padgebruikers te waarsku dat jy in hulle rigting op pad as, veral wanneer dit voorkom of hulle onbewus is van jou.

'n Motorvoertuig sonder 'n werkende toeter is onpadwaardig.
[/quote']

Ai...ai...

As jy maar net weet wat ek alles al vergeet het......pasop.  Jou sarkasme ruk dalk jou dakteels uit!!!! 

Lees Mnr. de Jager.   Lees.  Ek het nie ges? jy MAG hom nie gebruik nie.

Jy het wel 'n keuse.........As jy gelees het in BigBen se post sou jy gesien het dat die Junior nie dit opsetlik gedoen het nie maar dat dit 'n ongeluk was......so.....dis nie asof hy vir die hooter gevra het nie.  Hy weet hy was in die verkeerd.......

So....die keuse is eenvoudig....Iets wat ek elke dag moet doen op Lynnwood rylaan.....

Blaas ek my hooter vir die aankomende gevaar of sit ek my flikker aan en ry om die fiets soos die wet van my vereis?

Watter een van di? twee dink jy gaan respek afdwing?
Watter een van die twee keuses gaan 'n finger kry?
Watter een van die twee is 'n tiepiese SA mentaliteit/eerste instink aksie? 

Heeltemal van die storie af, met ons ride Saterdag oggend het 2 trokke van Spiros Transport op 'n pad sonder 'n skouer mooi agter ons gesit en wag todat die verkeer van voor verby is.  Toe is is hul verby ons.

BigBen I think you can do something about it. Contact the management of Harmony and Mr Price and explain to them what happened. If those two riders are still part of them they will probably know who it was and nake the necesarry action.
If he is riding a Ridley then he is definitely part of the 2007 team.

Yup.......BigBen.....That is the law.....Use it...Don't use it.  Your choice.  Be Proudly South African and hoot the bugger off the road......stuff the rules of the road!!!!