Another fine junior in the making ..............

NotSoBigBen

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure we can make is 6 pages....come on!!  You are not putting enough emotion in it!!!!!

LOLLOL I step away for a while to do some work and this turns into 5 (or is that 6) pages!!

Disclaimer: Quoting you linnega' date=' but none of my comments are directed at you specifically!!! No offence intended to anyone...just sharing my opinion.

It's bloody rude of a cyclist traveling at 15/20/30/60km/h not to move over for a vehicle travelling at 60/80/100/120km/h......bla...bla....bla......[/quote']

Agree on this....BUT....

You are missing the point and arguing another.....<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This kid was not riding in the middle of the road.  He did not intentionally swerve in front of the car.....no.....

"he is busy trying to open what seems like an energy gel (maybe one of those with the screw on top) and wanders into the road"

HE LOST HIS BALANCE.  LOST CONCENTRATION.  An honest mistake in my books......

[so.... Did they have Campy or Shimano?

Ja nee TNT1.
I am trying my damnest to get someone to highjack this with a nude pic but noooooooo.......we want to fight!!!! Big%20smile

I reckon kids should get a smack every single day.  Like when they wake up.  You know they deserve it.

And i presume you've turned out just dandy.

Spinnekop, ja dit was 'n eerlike fout van sy kant af, maar dit is nie nodig om dan oorboord te gaan en middel vinger te wys vir 'n motoris wat 'n ongeluk probeer vermy nie.  Dit was net baie onnodig.

Spinnekop' date=' ja dit was 'n eerlike fout van sy kant af, maar dit is nie nodig om dan oorboord te gaan en middel vinger te wys vir 'n motoris wat 'n ongeluk probeer vermy nie.  Dit was net baie onnodig.

[/quote']

I agree to a certain degree but I don't think the driver was trying to avoid an accident, he was hooting at him rudely! I don't agree with what he has done however.

Spinnekop' date=' ja dit was 'n eerlike fout van sy kant af, maar dit is nie nodig om dan oorboord te gaan en middel vinger te wys vir 'n motoris wat 'n ongeluk probeer vermy nie.  Dit was net baie onnodig.

[/quote']

Dis net my punt.  Ek as motoris wat 'n "ongeluk probeer vermy" sit my flikker aan en ry om die fietsryer......

http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/Norton.gifAND ROUND AND ROUND WE GO......http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/Norton.gif

Agree on this....BUT....

You are missing the point and arguing another.....<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This kid was not riding in the middle of the road.  He did not intentionally swerve in front of the car.....no.....

"he is busy trying to open what seems like an energy gel (maybe one of those with the screw on top) and wanders into the road"

HE LOST HIS BALANCE.  LOST CONCENTRATION.  An honest mistake in my books......

[/quote']

Didn't think we'd ever agree on something Wink

Back to the topic, if he made a mistake he should've apologised, not given the finger. He's got an attitude problem.

breeze...when you talk to this kid, make sure to give his old man supertorro's advice!

So today I see 2 juniors slogging it out up the hill out of Irene' date=' first a chap with Harmony kit and a black Ridley then a bit later one with Mr. Price kit and a white Ridley, he is busy trying to open what seems like an energy gel (maybe one of those with the screw on top) and wanders into the road. Now those of you who know this road will know that it is very narrow and has no 'tar' verge at all, a silver merc comes up behind and hoots (probably just to warn the youngster he is coming and that space is needed!) and the cyclist proceeds to move over and immediatley give the driver the finger.[/quote']

I don't know, and BigBen is probably the only one who would be able to tell us if this seemed to be that the driver was hooting rudely, but I seem to think that the driver might have got a fright and hooted.  I know that if I get a fright while driving, ie seeing someone run/cycle into the road in front of me, that I hoot to prevent and accident, while trying to avoid it as well.

Miskien is dit 'n Vaalie ding' date=' maar hier in Slaapstad hoor jy nie 'n hooter voor 'n accident nie.  Jy hoor net die tyres skree.

[/quote']

want hulle hooters flippen werk nie!!!!LOLLOLLOL en hulle weet dit nie

maar, byges? as 'n motorist sy hooter 10 sekondes lank blaas, dan raak ek hoogs de bliksem in... hello, ek is nie %^^#%^ doof nie, of is jy stadig???

there was NO NEED for the youngster to show the finger to the driver and that is the point that BB was making and that will be correctly (hopefully) taken up with him. this thread has degenrated into "cyclists vs motorists" per usual where the point was poor manners and bad attitude of someone.

to just ignore problems of any sort at any level when you can try to do something about it just causes and escallation of problems. if we "just let it be" then we may as well stop trying ot do anything about other oissues. yes, crime and murder and rape are "bigger issues, but every little thing done to try to improve our society is worth it. if just one more kid starts showing accountability, responsibility and good manners then it is one more kid that will contribute to a better future.