How much debt do you have?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. How much debt do you have?

• Less than R200 000
    • between R200 001 and R400 000
    • between R400 001 and R800 000
    • between R800 000 and R1, 2 mil
    • over R1.2 mil

After all the "jealously makes you nasty" on a previous thread, the real question is "How much of what you "own" actually belongs to the BANK".  It is easy to ride a fancy racer when the bank manager is funding it. 

As a wise person said, "don't envy how much a guy owns, rather ask how much he owes."

So your complete debt is? (includes car, house, studies, ext ext)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bank owns the townhouse, and will for a few years. The cars will be paid off in the next few months. Everything else was bought cash. I've been working my ass off the last year to make sure we wedding fund is big enough that we can pay everything cash, as well as my project bike that's coming out of there.

I don't know how people without 2 jobs cope! Confused

Bank owns the townhouse and the small car. Everything else I pay in cash. Makes for difficult decisions all the time. Spend on the wedding or buy a little something for myself?Confused

The only debt is the bond. Everything else is paid up...even Trevor Manuel.

I work half days mostly Cool semi-pro vet...not that the results show it!

Dont you think you aiming a little low, maybe start less than 250, 250 - 750, 750 - 1.5, 1.5 - 3 and 3 and above

3 bar debt is not hard to achieve. A nice house and a car or two and you're there.

The more you earn the more you have.

House is still the bank's. Further I don't have any debt! All my stuff that I bought new was cash. Most of my furniture was handdowns/secondhand! And the car is 8years old!

Cheap car, all bikes paid for in cash...my bond is my pain in the rear...I bought at the wrong time...lots of interest rate hikes so it increased by 1/3rd in the 2.5yrs I've owned the stupid house..

Cheap car' date=' all bikes paid for in cash...my bond is my pain in the rear...I bought at the wrong time...lots of interest rate hikes so it increased by 1/3rd in the 2.5yrs I've owned the stupid house..[/quote']

Same problem for me with the bond.

this should be inversely proportional to the "How old are You" poll...

I'm young and still have to pay off all of my debt...gotta have a house!

what a depressing topic........

house and car are the only things financed - don't pay interest on anything else, no credit card debt, no edgars card etc..........

my wife on the other hand............