How much debt do you have?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. How much debt do you have?

• Less than R200 000
    • between R200 001 and R400 000
    • between R400 001 and R800 000
    • between R800 000 and R1, 2 mil
    • over R1.2 mil

Clap NO debt. Not one ront! House, cars, bikes paid for! And nothing on my credit card! Its not easy, but I sleep well at night!Clap

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

House is almost payed off, will hopefully have it klapped in the next 2 years. Our bikes were paid cash and drive a "older' car.

Also sleep better at nights or as well as the little one will let you. lol

had a house. was all paid off. no debt. got divorced. left the wife and the kids with the house. nothing's paid off. plenty debt.

had a house. was all paid off. no debt. got divorced. left the wife and the kids with the house. nothing's paid off. plenty debt.

At least you got some beer'sSmile

?

At least you got some beer'sSmile

that did indeed turn my frown upside down smiley4.gif having one now actually. kids are bathing. lasagna's almost ready. life is good smiley4.gif

I dont owe a cent. Worked abroad and bought my coastal house with cash. Ride an old but awesome bicycle and my bakkie makes a lot of noise. Been thinking about getting into debt. This thread is very interesting...

My sister and I are paying off a townhouse.

My car's paid off and I paid cash for my bike and wheels.

I do, however, owe the massive amount of R750 on my credit card. Not sure how I'll manage...might actually have to do some work Tongue

Girlfriend and I paying off a bond on our flat and still a way to go with that... and i owe on my car but otherwise no other debt. Problem is there always something on a mans wish list!

0 debt at the moment.  Usually if there is something I want I'll save up until I can pay a decent deposit and finance the rest - always pay it off quicker than the finance period though. 

Built a new house as an additional investment (to provident funds) 2 years ago, just as the interest rates started to climb.  Nice and big with all the bells & whistles (for me anyway) plus a few couches for the wife.  OK and a nice surround sound system for me.

Hadn't bought cars for 6 years, then both conked in.  So two new cars last year.  Total debt...........you should have added another option.

But are still managing just fine.  House will be a great asset in years to come.

saw this this morning:

The rich are the most indebted and banks are reporting a 50% increase as bad debt as South Africans now owe R1 139bn - R8,20 of every R10 a South African earns goes to pay off debt. Or should, but the latest figures from the Bureau of Market Research (BMR) at Unisa shows that more can't pay and are sliding down a steep slope into financial despair. Liza van Wyk of executive management skills training group, AstroTech says, "we are seeing enrolments in our financial courses rise and more executives asking not just how their companies can cope, but how they can manage their way out of serious debt."