MTB Helmets with the Visor

Brakkies Sport Fotos

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Popeye ..... wat was jou vraag nou weer?????

O ja Visor of nie Visor nie.... ek dog die vraag is al in detail bespreek en beantwoord met soveel opinies as wat daar fietsryers is. 50% se dit is 'n snazzy accessory, die anner 50% se dit hou water, modder, takke, sweet en enige ander vliende voorwerp van jou voorkop af weg sonder om jou neus te breek..... kies nou maar self!!!!!!!

TITUS......WERK DIE VISOR ????

Jy is mos 'n moddervoet...

Not sure what it's supposed to do really? I use it on the Mtb sometimes it seems to shade my glasses a bit a gives me less glare, it does help very slightly with falling objects. Then again I also race without it every now and then, like I said before, personal choice.

Thanks Titus, can see you know what you talking about.

Can you please speak to Maruis boss, to increase his internet cap, we need him, he's not for nothing called the Walking Cycling Library.

We miss the damm fool

Not sure what's up with the young man, saw him on Sunday though. Rode 3 passes with his lovely girlfriend. Don't know if it's his Internet cap or if he's been away?

MWNN: How exactly does a visor prevent the spray from the BACK wheel from going into your eyes?  I'm not very logically or mechanically minded so perhaps you can elaborate on the physics of this phenomenon

Visor (peak is probably the correct word) on a mtb helmet is mainly a image issue, probably carried over from MX helmets.

They do have a some use in helping to shield your eyes n face from "roost", mud, rain, sun... usually you have to tilt your head down a bit to get the full benefit of a peak.

Other uses are:

P off roadies when you ride in the bunch with a peaked helmet.

Can be used to scrap off mud (or cow pooh) in places your fingers wont go.

But people are pointing fingers at me and blaming me of riding with roadies smiley5.gif I try to explain it's people with no sense of pride but they don't seem to understand smiley5.gif Please if you wanna be seen with me (and you just dying to do that ) then at least look the part .

So a roadie cap under a roadie helmet on a mtb is a bad thing ;)

OK Superman we can't convince you that it's for the rain then just accept that real MTB'ers have peaks and all the other woosies don't have .

bah...tell you what, I will ride anything you ride in Logwood and I will wear a roadie helmet with roadie cap Big%20smileWink

Swissvan, I like the one off riding with the roadies and pisses them off. Maybe their macho and ego shrink if you kick their ass?

sounds if the visor really work.

Hi

I prefer not using a peak for 1 simple reason. It limits my field of vision. Id rather have no strain on my neck. As for adjusting the peak higher up the helmet....well that's just ugly isn't it. Wink Other complicated reasons.... i've snagged it on a branch or 2 in the past...that field of vision thing again...maybe i just ride k@k... ja that's probably it.

Hi

I prefer not using a peak for 1 simple reason. It limits my field of vision. Id rather have no strain on my neck. As for adjusting the peak higher up the helmet....well that's just ugly isn't it. Wink Other complicated reasons.... i've snagged it on a branch or 2 in the past...that field of vision thing again...maybe i just ride k@k... ja that's probably it.

You ride a Titus....nobody cares what you ride like or what you wear Wink

"field of vision"..were do you ride? where the lions is laying wait on some shaven legs,

just follow the wheel in front and you will be ok, unless you are the first rider.

then, just follow the motorbike dust.

simple as that