PaulVS and rude comments

Breekwater

You would have noticed that the Hub is a family.....there are the parents.....the sexy sister in law.....the ugly brother in jail.  Bad children.  Good children.  Somewhere in there there's an annoying engineer. etc.etc.etc.

put names to these?Wink

You looking for a good lead on the sexy sister-in-law?

no, the ugly brother in jail LOLLOL

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Breekwater.

In all fairness.  The wheels/brakes you are selling are old.  The guys on the hub normally give away stuff that old for free to help out a fellow hubber.

If you WANT to sell it, rather negotiate.  Ask what you CAN get......the willing buyer is your best friend.  So if Paulvs has something to say, chirp him back.........

He says R800 for the bike, ask him where and when and sell the bike! 

I am sure you can get a better bike somewhere on the Hub for R800?  (OK....k_k grappie, ek weet....)

Wa my deur......kos roep.

Guys' date=' thanks for all the good and not so good comments, it has been entertaining. I sadly have to go and work now...this is taking up too much time. [/quote']

hey, don't make like your avatar and fret?Big%20smile

BWAHAHAHA!!  Very sharp HR LOL

Guys' date=' thanks for all the good and not so good comments, it has been entertaining. I sadly have to go and work now...this is taking up too much time. [/quote']

hey, don't make like your avatar and fret?Big%20smile

BWAHAHAHA!!  Very sharp HR LOL

am on edge today?

Breekwater.

In all fairness.  The wheels/brakes you are selling are old.  The guys on the hub normally give away stuff that old for free to help out a fellow hubber.

If you WANT to sell it' date=' rather negotiate.  Ask what you CAN get......the willing buyer is your best friend.  So if Paulvs has something to say, chirp him back.........

He says R800 for the bike, ask him where and when and sell the bike! 

I am sure you can get a better bike somewhere on the Hub for R800?  (OK....k_k grappie, ek weet....)

Wa my deur......kos roep.

[/quote']

Dis hoekom jy lyk soos jy lyk die tyd van die jaar......................  nou waar my pieEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Breekwater' date=' I agree 100%. There was a similar thread about a month ago, but unfortunately the same kiddies who wrecked that thread is beginning to do the same with this one.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: (Due to the hub community) The hub is useless for selling items. Rather go the ebay/gumtree/cycleads route if you're selling

[/quote']

Says he who posts in anonymityAngryAngryAngryAngry

You're joking right? What has my anonymity have to do with anything? 99% of the people on the hub are anonymous, and rightfully so.

Those who need to know me know me right down to my shoe size.

Breekwater' date=' I agree 100%. There was a similar thread about a month ago, but unfortunately the same kiddies who wrecked that thread is beginning to do the same with this one.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: (Due to the hub community) The hub is useless for selling items. Rather go the ebay/gumtree/cycleads route if you're selling

[/quote']

You're joking right? What has my anonymity have to do with anything? 99% of the people on the hub are anonymous, and rightfully so.

Listen mate

I sold three bikes on the hub.  Never ever did anyone niggle me because of my price I asked or what and why. n Got my price every time.  If there was a problem I sorted it out.

When I decided to buy a MTB again, I turned to the hub.  Bought my frame and my brakes of the hub.  The saddle from Ox Wagon.  No problems.

When I wanted to spoil my wife I bought a CS600 from MWNN, no problems,  bought her record ergo levers from IanW also no problems wheels from Ewep and so I can go on.  Bought stuff that was priced right.

People expect to sell what they paid for it.  Won't happen and then when someone asks stupid pricesw they are told accordingly.  Then they get itchy and defensive. 

I will support the hub selling and buying.  If you can't handle criticism go buy or sell on Gumtree.  

[/quote']

Listen mate

I sold three bikes on the hub.  Never ever did anyone niggle me because of my price I asked or what and why. n Got my price every time.  If there was a problem I sorted it out.

When I decided to buy a MTB again, I turned to the hub.  Bought my frame and my brakes of the hub.  The saddle from Ox Wagon.  No problems.

When I wanted to spoil my wife I bought a CS600 from MWNN, no problems,  bought her record ergo levers from IanW also no problems wheels from Ewep and so I can go on.  Bought stuff that was priced right.

People expect to sell what they paid for it.  Won't happen and then when someone asks stupid pricesw they are told accordingly.  Then they get itchy and defensive. 

I will support the hub selling and buying.  If you can't handle criticism go buy or sell on Gumtree.  

I also support the hub selling and buying - i almost got ripped off from a junkmail ad and then a kind hubber stepped in and we negotiated a deal that has lead to me getting an amazing bike! So... dont moan - negotiate! Anyway, that is overpriced. Negotiate with whomever has put in an offer. Heck, I am paying more for my bike than I wanted to pay and its less than the guy wanted but we both happy.

As a fellow hubber I would like to say...

Bottom line is, I don't want to see any hubber being ripped off. I believe in a fair price for fair goods.

Personally I would have donated a bike such as that to my landscape architect...

And such is life. We all have our own personalities? and if you take life a little too serious then deal with it.

If you have an issue take a tissue?

paulvs2008-12-03 05:16:31

I am a member of the Land Cruiser club as well as the Hub and I have to tell you that the rules there are much more rigid than on the Hub.

There is also no anonymity and you have to submit your real name to belong to the Club.

I do not think it wrong to just advize somebody that they are overcharging on a certain item. I do think a lot of the critisism is aimed at people making cynical remarks when somebody is advetizing something.

Some tolerance an consideration please !

Listen mate

snip snip snip

Yet again, a lot of blah...

I didn't ask you to praise the hub after selling 3 bikes. Good on you Star I?m sure a lot of people will be able to tell us nice stories like that.

I asked what your initial comment about my "anonymity" was about. Take a chill pill, read the posts, THEN go on a rant. Dead

Ladies ladies... You are probably right, my price for the wheels was out of line, but the issue was with the way that this was conveyed to me. If you think someone's price is unreasonable, then rather just tell him in a sensitive and well-mannered way. Don't basically tell him he is an arsehole and the stuff he is selling is junk and then be surprised that he doesn't take that kindly. And PaulVS, I truly find it hard to believe that you carry the hub members' best interest at heart, I see it more as a way of entertainment for you. To end of with, I sold my complete bike with a bunch of extras and spares for very close to the original asking price. The buyer is an experienced cyclist and knows what he is getting and he is very satisfied. And I am too.

To end of with' date=' I sold my complete bike with a bunch of extras and spares for very close to the original asking price. The buyer is an experienced cyclist and knows what he is getting and he is very satisfied. And I am too. [/quote']

Great. Problem solved. Case closed.