PaulVS and rude comments

Breekwater

us talkingDead attracts attention to a thread! does anyone have their own business??? dont understand MYOB LOL

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

J L you have competition' date=' he also has an educated way with wordsLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

[/quote']

Why thank you Samma & pray tell how it's going providing your professional services to the afghan community today - shot any cyclists?

hey, samma.... what do ya do for a living that you ended up in afganistan??

Was in the SANDF for 18 years.   doing everything and more, in logistics.  Got head hunted last year to come and run a site in Mazar E Sharif, doing apprenticeship training to the ANA.

All this country knows is war and how to treat their women like SH*T

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif good one' date=' but I really need that emoticon where it's lying on the floor wiggling its legs.

Professional.....Hub... oh stop it, I can't see the screen for the tears in my eyes. 
[/quote']

http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/ImaPoser.gif

http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/naughty.gif

Indeed' date=' but I'd say constructive comments welcome... not random flaming of something that someone's trying to sell. [/quote']

Much agreed!  Clap

If you have an issue' date=' PM the guy. [/quote']

Problem is, I have done that before.  But 99% of people are looking out for #1......and in the process screwing someone on the Hub.

You would have noticed that the Hub is a family.....there are the parents.....the sexy sister in law.....the ugly brother in jail.  Bad children.  Good children.  Somewhere in there there's an annoying engineer. etc.etc.etc.

So if a random dude logs on for the sake of selling something and then ask a stupid price, I will constructively tell him he is nuts.......http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/pillepalle.gif

Problem with that is, being a one time log on, he will not see it as constructive........Ouch

[stir mode on]

So noob tries to sell some old and unimpressive components for a huge price, BS gets called, offers get made, and now he's bitching about it?

No' date=' the starter of the thread is still sitting in the audience. I agree that MEANINGFUL comments are welcome, it makes things much more interactive than Gumtree. 

[/quote']

So the comment is only meaningful if it's positive about the junk you are trying to sell off? Breekwater, what are you crying about. Post your 'bargain' up on gumtree and see how many [or in this case, how few] replies you'll get. At least on this forum, a fellow bunch of riders, who ALSO buy gear all the time, can make a fair judgement regarding your sale items. If it WAS such a great deal, you'd have seen a "DIBS ON THAT" reply, and the next post would be yours, saying SOLD. So stop crying, and stop trying to control what people can or can't say.

In all fairness, I understand your frustration, as people always post the good old 'smarties and a packet of chips' reply, but hey, this is supposed to be a FUN passtime that we all love so much. Lighten up and have a laugh.

Lastly, maybe your wheels are not flying off the shelf because you didnt photograph them on a couch. It is a very important part of any bike sale, you should know better.

have a nice day now ya hear?!Wink

You would have noticed that the Hub is a family.....there are the parents.....the sexy sister in law.....the ugly brother in jail.  Bad children.  Good children.  Somewhere in there there's an annoying engineer. etc.etc.etc.

put names to these?Wink

Breekwater' date=' I agree 100%. There was a similar thread about a month ago, but unfortunately the same kiddies who wrecked that thread is beginning to do the same with this one.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: (Due to the hub community) The hub is useless for selling items. Rather go the ebay/gumtree/cycleads route if you're selling

[/quote']

Says he who posts in anonymityAngryAngryAngryAngry

Breekwater, as long as your original ad is detailed enough so that your potential buyer doesnt have to wade through pages and pages of crap to find out details about the item you should be fine. Pic, size, location etc

These guys are like the paparazzi following Paris Hilton. Crap news but good for business.

Well said Jules. If you are selling decent stuff that someone wants' date=' it matters not what Paulvs or whoever says whatever. Just sends your post to the top.
I can't understand how anyone could get upset at anything anyone says about what they are selling. Why would you be defensive/insecure of your sale? Ask yourself that.
[/quote']

I agree, case in point would be Spideys recent ad (SRAM I think ....) - he aint takin no pooh over there. Knows what he's selling, knows what it's worth and isn't swayed by the know it all price experts. In fact welcomes useless banter for exactly the point of free 'bumps' (guess it also doesn't make him look desperate Wink which he obviously isn't!)

Maybe we should change the name of this hub to "Housewives anonymous"

Please close the door when you go. I see its a little windy outside..

Please treat this as a professional service to the cycling community  

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif good one' date=' but I really need that emoticon where it's lying on the floor wiggling its legs.

Professional.....Hub... oh stop it, I can't see the screen for the tears in my eyes.

[/quote'] 20081203_023345_20081111_031921.gif20081203_023345_20081111_031921.gif

This one JL?

put names to these?Wink

You looking for a good lead on the sexy sister-in-law?

Maybe we should change the name of this hub to "Housewives anonymous"

Please close the door when you go. I see its a little windy outside..

lots of gasDead   LOL

Please treat this as a professional service to the cycling community  

[/quote']

you talking about this one......

20081203_023650_lmao.gif

LOL

edit: see Spidey already posted it

The Thug2008-12-03 02:41:31