Resounding Sucess!!!

Delgado

A huge well done to all the cyclists who made it down for the memorial ride this morning. It was a fantastic turnout and I estimated at least 2500 riders judging by the length and width of the bunch. A huge word of thanks to IanJ, Muxman, Chunky and all the others involved whose names I don't know. Your efforts were rewarded with a stunning tribute to our fallen friends and the organisation was top shelf. A huge thanks must go to all our "motorised" 2 wheel friends and the cops who made it down. It'a amazing what can be achieved when we as a cycling community pull togethor!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ClapClapClap

Myself, girlfrien & Fatty (or "Grootseun") have flown up for THE FAST ONE, and were keen to get involved with this ride then too.

What we experienced this morning, has already made the trip worthwile for me, regardless of how tomorrows tandem ride goes.

On behalf of us few "Capies" well done to ALL. (Organisers, marshalls, motorised backup, traffic and of course all the riders who participated)

Lets hope there will be a good spinn of from this wonderfull effort.

Regards

"Worcester Wheelers"

P.S. Somebody PLEASE post us a few nice pictures

It was great to see so many people make the effort this morning. Thaks to everybody that was involved in organizing this mornings ride.

ClapClap

The bunch went way back over the hill20070127_101243_DSC03733.JPG

Coming back from Vereeniging Road

20070127_101346_DSC03725.JPG

More to follow later.

Difficult to see but the road is full of cyclists back to the horizon20070127_102426_DSC03643.JPGizon

Notice how well everyone was behaving Clap

20070127_102533_DSC03685.JPG

When i left home this morning, I hoped and prayed that there will be a 100 people. We must have been close to 2-3000 in the end!! Handing over the bouquets to the families was really touching - to think that a week ago someone died at this spot.

On the lighter side, was very good to have met fatty and WW, while also chatting to Chilli, Zaskar, snapshot, jokerman, cervelo!, pantani

MWNN: "Hi, you must be fatty? I'm Mwnn"

fatty: "MWNN and long tongue!!"

MWNN: " Uhm..... ja..... kindof forgot about that"

fatty: "Maar genuine - kan jy rerig deur jou ore asemhaal?"

Mwnn nearly falls of new bike......Chilli just blushes

Well done to Ianj - I nominate you now for Charitable HUBBER of the year. You didn't think you would be doing this last week, nevermind get a 1000 cyclists to give up their Saturday morning for this worthy cause!!

Nice one to everyone involved! - Spotted an artical in the headlines section of IOL.co.za, so the message has been sent loud and clear.

Well done IanJ and all those of you who supported this rideClapClap although some of us were not there in body we were with you in Spirit .

Well done to all the organizers a very good turnout. Could not be there myself but chatting to some of my fellow club buddies it was a great success.

Gee what a ride this morning. Fantastic turnout. I filmed the bunch from leaving the site of Sybrandt and it took 8 minutes for them to all get past. I have not had much time today but I have stacks of pictures. I will work on them tomorrow after the H2H and post them here for all to see.

I managed to meet with the families and all of them were so taken aback by the amount of support. They asked me to extend their hearfelt gratitude to all of you.

Once again a big THANK YOU to EVERYONE who participated and

particullarly for the conduct of all the cyclists. The was little to no disruption of the everyday traffic.

More thank you's will follow tomorrow.

Wish i was there... Great going and a massive thumbs up to every single one of you who were part of this!Big%20smile You guys are all starsStar!

MWNN: "Hi' date=' you must be fatty? I'm Mwnn"
fatty: "MWNN and long tongue!!"
MWNN: " Uhm..... ja..... kindof forgot about that"
fatty: "Maar genuine - kan jy rerig deur jou ore asemhaal?"
Mwnn nearly falls of new bike......Chilli just blushes

[/quote']

LOLLOLLOL

Great - you Gautengers also met the big guy.Tongue

Was an excellent ride, I think we made our point !!!!

Big thanks to Ian, he was the main organiser of the event. Also a big thank you to all the riders who participated.

Congrats guys.  Seems like I missed a lot not being around.  Would have loved to have supported you guys had we been in Gauteng, but unfortunately, George is a long way away.  Good to see that there was so much support.

Once again, congrats on the great effort and turnout you guys had.

Clap

2 Images I had to put up tonight just to shw the level of commitment. The first one is the start, the second one is a little guy I met on the road at the back of the bunch....his name is Devon and is only 10 years old....heck of a nice little guy and he spent about 10 minutes chatting to me about all sorts of stuff. Very coolBig%20smile

20070127_125746_PICT0035.jpg20070127_125929_PICT0065.jpg