The Fast One

slowpoke

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why were there tandems mixing it up in the VA group with 3km's to go? You got caught, now sit at the back and watch. It was chaos at the end. We had a select group which just disintegrated once the tandems decided to get in the mix... Really suckedĀ Thumbs%20Down

I must comment about the riders riding on the right hand side of the road,TOTALLY unsafe and not really sportsmanslike.Thats not a good example but yes if the space is limited what's a cyclist to do.

For me had the 2nd worst race of my life so far and to top it all when one was looking for the "medical" tent/area or a medic at the finish it took us exactly 30 minutes to be helped only to be told to go to a nearest hospital to see a doctor. This was after we also asked a commissair of Mpumalanga who was clueless, thankfully one of the marshalls helped us.Clap

Ā 

Why were there tandems mixing it up in the VA group with 3km's to go? You got caught' date=' now sit at the back and watch. It was chaos at the end. We had a select group which just disintegrated once the tandems decided to get in the mix... Really suckedĀ Thumbs%20Down

[/quote']

For the same reason that some the VAs mix it up when they get caught by the VBs/VCs and so on: they are complete, selfish berks who have no respect for others or any respect for the rules.

Ā 

Simple: if you get caught and can hang in, go to the back and stay out of the way...

Ā 

'nuf said?

Ā 

i can't remember it being so windy last year. . .

Ā 

28km into the race a truck almost took out the little bunch I was in. other than that it was incident free and I ended up doing 3:04

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Great win Intern ClapĀ 

Ā 

Totaly agree about the tandems. I don't mind if they sit at the back of the bunch to the finish (would prefer if they did not, though), but these idiots joined in the sprint for the VA winThumbs%20Down

So where did eben van wyk come?Ā Wink

Ā 

Kidding kidding...

Ā 

was TCS there? no results from any of the tcs riders? normally they do quite well at this race...

Ā 

So where did eben van wyk come?Ā Wink

Depends....where was his gi.....never mind...Tongue

was TCS there?
Ā 

Ā 

Not really.

Ā 

Ā 

no results from any of the tcs riders?

Ā 

Ā 

Top 10 here and there.....no serious stuff......'Embarrassed

Ā 

Ā 

normally they do quite well at this race...

Ā 

Ā 

FastĀ One is a RACE????Ā  Have you done it before Fand?Ā  Wink....if you have, you would know that you peddle ONCE at the start line and it is downhill from there!!Ā  It is just a question ofĀ who is the fattestĀ has the most momentumĀ toĀ free over theĀ finish line first.Ā  Thumbs%20UpĀ 

Guest colonel

With all the Phedra cut you take you could never of been 1st if its based on the fattest.

Doesnt he live at 25 milligram Street in Cheatville?

Ā 

Yip ... he rides for Milram ... the 25th rider and lives in Carltonville ...

Following up on my earlier post, where I stated that Losing Time managed to give my partner and me two times: in the the racing tandems at 2:15 (which is what we both remember doing) and one in the social tandems at 2:38 (which neither of us remember).

Ā 

The idiots have now removed our proper time (2:15) leaving us with our "social" time of 2:38!!!!

Ā 

How do guys who do timing "professionally" manage to stuff it up so completely!!!!

Ā 

Confused

Ā 

Now to start emailing them to sort their stuff up out.... Unhappy

Ā 

Confused

I was initially seeded in 'A', changed to VC at number collections. Initially the results were correct, then suddenly Andrew and I were moved to 'A' again, and we had to send emails etc to sort it out!

Ā 

I was initially seeded in 'A'' date=' changed to VC at number collections. Initially the results were correct, then suddenly Andrew and I were moved to 'A' again, and we had to send emails etc to sort it out![/quote']

A? They could at least have put you two in $!

Ā 

Good ride from you guys, I hear...

Ā 

It seems the move from Cycle Lab Events to HSP was a stuff up. HSP seemed to be totally out of their depth when I was dealing with them. It's funny as they seems to be able to run the 94.7, but not the FastOne?

Ā 

At least we have our # seeding for the Argus...

Ā