The Fast One

slowpoke

Bwahahaha what would cycling be without the beast from the east? The man's a legend! As for the white line issue, only way to solve it is to be pragmatic. Bruce's idea could work. Or maybe the organisers could force the licenced riders to race a long crit with full road closure near the finish where they can gutter to their hearts content, while the exhausted weekend warriors spectate.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about beacons, then they become a safety hazard...

Also, I don't know if following the hard line of DQ'ing will help because it becomes like a "Devil" race, gutter them till the cross the line and they are out! But hey, there will still be okes taking chances and hoping nobody saw them...

I don't know about beacons' date=' then they become a safety hazard...Also, I don't know if following the hard line of DQ'ing will help because it becomes like a "Devil" race, gutter them till the cross the line and they are out! But hey, there will still be okes taking chances and hoping nobody saw them...

[/quote']

yes the cones are a huge safety hazard thanks to guys who will take chances and eventually clip the beacons with the wheel and they do cause crashes almost did in the elite bunch turning onto the one road today

I don't know about beacons' date=' then they become a safety hazard...

Also, I don't know if following the hard line of DQ'ing will help because it becomes like a "Devil" race, gutter them till the cross the line and they are out! But hey, there will still be okes taking chances and hoping nobody saw them...
[/quote']

As apposed to the safety hazard presented by oncoming cars? LOL

bruce that is a good point but cars can move out of the way and you can attempt to move out of the way at least

with cones if someone hits it you are more than likely going down if you are less than 5m away from it

I started towards the back as i dont usually rode ride, was on the MTB, which was fun.

Back marking warriors were really well behaved. Big up to them, suppose there is no real ego battle the, or am i naive?

was a really fun ride. Wink

In conclusion i think its what YOU make of the race, as far as fluanting the rules goes, its not on, but then again i do MTB, where we just push each other off the bike. Much more friendly  

I'm curious to hear how Blayne Wikner and Jacques Fullard went today. Anyone know?

They didn't ride (VA)... Maybe elites?

Jason2009-01-25 09:58:18

Blayne and JF rode VB (35-39). There was a breakaway of 5 riders, Blayne took the sprint, JF second, Stefano Madies 3rd...

Some provisional times would be nice.

94.7 provisional times were posted by this time with 20000 + riders.

I don't think 7000 + riders should take so long

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
chatterbox2009-01-25 10:03:41

Blayne and JF rode VB (35-39). There was a breakaway of 5 riders' date=' Blayne took the sprint, JF second, Stefano Madies 3rd...

[/quote']

Thanks intern. Two quality former pros those so not surprised by the result. Good to see them back in race mode, especially Blayne. He and Doug Ryder did the road race for SA at the '96 Olympics.

Were you in that break, intern?

but then again i do MTB' date=' where we just push each other off the bike. Much more friendly  
[/quote']

haha Dan i'm also an MTBer, but at the back where i usually ride on dirt, i don't usually get pushed off my bike ... its your own fault if you want to go play in the front with the big boys Smile

Due to me riding tandem and maybe an unfortunate seeding, i started right at the front with the racing tandems.

we were almost pushed off the road several times by small VB-bunces (not the main bunch) that would pass us, and then push in in front of us before they actually passed. It tested my tandem-control-skills to the limit with one very close call ... could they not see that their back wheels are still next to my front wheel, and that there would be no space for me if they come over to the edge of the road? or are they really concentrating THAT hard on what's going on ahead of them? Confused

cat-i2009-01-25 10:18:50

Slowpoke I agree with what you say but, we must blame it on the helmets. The moment skinny young men puts helmets on their heads they cease to think. I think the helmets cuts off bloodflow from ther brains and only leaves them with a hipothalmus to think.