The Fast One

slowpoke

O brother.....you bunch can moan on a Monday!!!!

Good race.  I enjoyed it.  HARD work...but very enjoyable!!

To Bulkpack.......thanks for bringing the race to us.  You guys flashed that secret weapon a LOT!  Nasty.

J......selftan lotion.....or stop training with your arm and leg warmers dude!!

To MTN that won the Vets.....lucky shot.....Wink

Well done!

Slowpoke.

You want to DQ the white line crossers?  Go for it.  You kill ALL the racing groups.

Ladies' date=' Elites, VA, VB, VC, VD, Tandems.

What's left is the guys with your mentality and outlook.  Ride to finish before 17:00.  Not necessarily a bad thing but it sort of defeats the object of it being a RACE.....

Easy answer.  Rolling closure.  The commissar that has some know how will do this and no safety issues will be worried about.......

[/quote']

Spidey, no problem with the racing, but if a 18 wheeler is coming at a bunch, the bunch won't win!!!  Rolling closure might work, but it's gonna push costs to hell and gone.  Instead of 2 or three marshalls a bunch you'll need at least 5.  Problem.....  Guys, just remember, it's easy, on flats, race all over the place, but on blind rizes you better be careful!

One more thing, I was not marshalling the race, but I was VERY ashamed to hear that some cyclist were swearing at the marshalls.  Guys, we don't get paid!!!!  You are going to start loosing races if Think Bike withdraws (speak to the Meyerton and Heidelberg Traffic Depts to confirm).  Just a bit of respect.... is it asking that much?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O brother.....you bunch can moan on a Monday!!!!

Good race.  I enjoyed it.  HARD work...but very enjoyable!!

To Bulkpack.......thanks for bringing the race to us.  You guys flashed that secret weapon a LOT!  Nasty.

J......selftan lotion.....or stop training with your arm and leg warmers dude!!

To MTN that won the Vets.....lucky shot.....Wink

Well done!

Slowpoke.

You want to DQ the white line crossers?  Go for it.  You kill ALL the racing groups.

Ladies' date=' Elites, VA, VB, VC, VD, Tandems.

What's left is the guys with your mentality and outlook.  Ride to finish before 17:00.  Not necessarily a bad thing but it sort of defeats the object of it being a RACE.....

Easy answer.  Rolling closure.  The commissar that has some know how will do this and no safety issues will be worried about.......

[/quote']

Spidey, no problem with the racing, but if a 18 wheeler is coming at a bunch, the bunch won't win!!!  Rolling closure might work, but it's gonna push costs to hell and gone.  Instead of 2 or three marshalls a bunch you'll need at least 5.  Problem.....  Guys, just remember, it's easy, on flats, race all over the place, but on blind rizes you better be careful!

One more thing, I was not marshalling the race, but I was VERY ashamed to hear that some cyclist were swearing at the marshalls.  Guys, we don't get paid!!!!  You are going to start loosing races if Think Bike withdraws (speak to the Meyerton and Heidelberg Traffic Depts to confirm).  Just a bit of respect.... is it asking that much?

Pie man the same happened at the Lost City......  People swearing at the marshalls going over the white line   playing chicken with oncoming cars.....

Made me shat myself sitting in the bunch with these assholes.

You guys do a stunning job

TWO THUMBS UP TO YOU

Can anyone maybe help me to get in contact with whoever takes charge of the Selati guys. These 2 asked me to take this pic and now I want to get it to them

20090202_114028_IMG_9588.JPG

Hi Ronelle I think Herman vd Westhuizen is involved with them....but I don't have his details (although I see him at plenty races). Next time I see him will ask...

Hi Ronelle I think Herman vd Westhuizen is involved with them....but I don't have his details (although I see him at plenty races). Next time I see him will ask...

thanks intern. I take it that he is not on TheHub, this Herman guy?

Following up on my earlier post' date=' where I stated that Losing Time managed to give my partner and me two times: in the the racing tandems at 2:15 (which is what we both remember doing) and one in the social tandems at 2:38 (which neither of us remember).

The idiots have now removed our proper time (2:15) leaving us with our "social" time of 2:38!!!!

How do guys who do timing "professionally" manage to stuff it up so completely!!!!

Confused

Now to start emailing them to sort their stuff up out.... Unhappy

Confused [/quote']

Any luck yet?

Only my chip number (not my name) appeared on the results despite me having used the chip many times before. First I tried email - 3 unanswered so far...then I tried the phone yesterday and they blamed the race organisers for not giving them "the downloads"...huh? I thought all the recording equipment was Losingtimes. Why would the race orgaiser have any chip/result info?

I guess I was fobbed off and 10 days after the event Losingtime are "still looking into the errors" because they "had a lot of queries".

Time and time again Losingtime has managed to knacker our results - if only ChampionChip were given more opportunity. Spectrum Sport is also really good. Losingtime could take a leaf out of either book.

Huff huff.

/rant over.

Can anyone maybe help me to get in contact with whoever takes charge of the Selati guys. These 2 asked me to take this pic and now I want to get it to them

20090202_114028_IMG_9588.JPG

robbie does not look to happy there....

• 11 months later...

First time I rode VE. I always hang out at the back in the seeded section. I can honestly say I never crossed into the opposite lane once on the ride but may have strayed once or twice on the freeway sections. Visibility was pretty poor at time with the spray and everything. A lot of riders did cross over the line. Surprised me a bit as I expected more responsible riding in VE. Still it was a great ride and I managed to stay up with the group to the finish and even worked at the front a few times.

Just a bit of respect.... is it asking that much?

The one thing that I pride myself on is that I make a point to thank ALL the marshals (male, female, young, old, black, white etc.) along the route for their efforts. It could not have been fun to be standing out there in the rain and wind with yesterday's race. Luckily I am only a fun rider (03:10 for yesterday's race), so I do not have to concentrate too much on the technical aspects of the race, and can therefore focus on appreciating the environment and thanking the marshals for their efforts.

It could not have been fun to be standing out there in the rain and wind with yesterday's race.

Clap

This is definitely one of the best marshalled routes on the calendar - A number of people on the bus back also commented on this.  Thanks to the organisers and the marshalls, much appreciated...