Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good news but 3 years is a disgrace. He probably withdrew his appeal because he knows he will be out in a year

He withdrew his appeal because his lawyer explained to him that he might well get sentenced more severely on appeal. And yes, he may well spend about a year inside if he is well behaved. :(

He withdrew his appeal because his lawyer explained to him that he might well get sentenced more severely on appeal. And yes, he may well spend about a year inside if he is well behaved. :(

So what kind of a jail will he be going to ... something with the reputation such as Pollsmoor or a holiday resort of sorts?

FB said somewhere between Melkbos and Edgemead.Bike was thrown into a taxi.Also looking for more info

Thats a HUGE area if so....could be anywhere in between...even dodgy cycle path in milnerton.  cant imagine it was on the west coast cycle path? that is so busy most days.

yea guess it sort of shows remorse that way..whether it is fake or not. 

still sucks but atleast he is an example now. it had to start somewhere i guess.

Thats a HUGE area if so....could be anywhere in between...even dodgy cycle path in milnerton. cant imagine it was on the west coast cycle path? that is so busy most days.

I have requested facts or an update to the story but there has Been zero response from the ‘stay wider of the rider’ team.

Terrible Journalism

Was near Melkbos.Not many taxis on that route.Often see poachers wetsuite booties tracks crossing over cycle lane between Kelpbaai and Atlantic estate entrance.Dont be fooled,crime never far away

yea guess it sort of shows remorse that way..whether it is fake or not. 

still sucks but atleast he is an example now. it had to start somewhere i guess.

THIS

Now there is a president for a "car-bicycle-hit-and-run".

Was near Melkbos.Not many taxis on that route.Often see poachers wetsuite booties tracks crossing over cycle lane between Kelpbaai and Atlantic estate entrance.Dont be fooled,crime never far away

How did you find out? I ride that section 3-4 times a week, it’s a major concern.

Not cool, I rode that on Sunday with a mate and we were commenting on how nice it is riding out that way....

Apparently happened early hours of the morning

Not cool, it sounds like that bike "was on order" if that was their MO pull rider off and throw bike into a van.

Stay wider FB page reporting a mugging on the West Coast cycle lane yesterday.

Any news out there?

Lack of information on this incident, as well as the one from the other day, is very concerning to me.

We were out riding around there at 05h30 and could just as well have been us.

Missus did mention when I told her about it this morning that she spotted a few guys sitting on the dunes 

Lack of information on this incident, as well as the one from the other day, is very concerning to me.

We were out riding around there at 05h30 and could just as well have been us.

Missus did mention when I told her about it this morning that she spotted a few guys sitting on the dunes

I ride there just about every other day in the mornings before sunrise. This is really concerning.

• 2 weeks later...

Howzit all,

I’m moving to Rondebosch in the coming months and was planning on cycling into town for work as I’ll be based in the foreshore area - any suggested routes or areas to watch out for? The way I see it’s basically over the mountain, along Woodstock main rd, or along Liesbeek then onto the cycle lane.