Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

Sunday, yet another bike jacking between Richwood and Conties. :(

Friend was riding with his 12 year old and 6 year old.

He was knocked of his bike first. 12 year old tried to resist ... got stabbed in his back with a knife ....

Sounds like he is recovering well in hospital.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They stabbed a 12 year old, for *&)^%%^ what is wrong with people. 

He was knocked of his bike first. 12 year old tried to resist ... got stabbed in his back with a knife ....

No for **** sakes what kind of animal does that ! Wish them a slow painful death Edited by Jbr

THEY STABBED A 12 YEAR OLD IN THE BACK!

On 1/4/2021 at 6:07 PM, ChrisF said:

That is the worst news to hear :(

2 attacks on the Spruit in JHB in the last couple of days and now this.

Edited by ivan888

THEY STABBED A 12 YEAR OLD IN THE BACK!

Fark.  That is how cycling safety is starting in 2021.  Nee donner man.

Do you know which road this happened on? Was it Tygerberg Valley Road or Contermans Kloof Road?

More of this and i’ll be selling all my **** soon. Not worth it. Whats the point if you are confined to suburbia, and how long before this **** starts spilling over there too.

I went to ride on xmas day and naturally the roads were quieter than usual. I felt super vulnerable. And this is on the already vanilla suburban route i ride after deciding that going wider in the dbnville area is just not safe anymore. At this point my bikes are becoming exhibition pieces. They are showroom clean and not getting ridden. This incident happened basically where they got me too, and yet you still see lone cyclists, male and female...plodding around there early mornings. It is not safe anymore. I forwarded this info to the guys who helped me and they mentioned a few other reported bike jackings in the same area. The ones we see on here are only a hand full.

Re Woodstock...kill it with fire.

This stabbing of a 12yr old is just despicable.!!!

May he recover from injuries and this experience quickly.

Recent incidents have changed cycling for many of us.

For years I've enjoyed jumping on my bike and riding from home, but now, I'm also having to drive to meet ride buddies in order to make it a little safer, while riding alone is a distant memory. :(

Ridiculous!  And the sad thing about it is that a good & effective police system will take care of it in no time.

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon.

More of this and i’ll be selling all my **** soon. Not worth it. Whats the point if you are confined to suburbia, and how long before this **** starts spilling over there too.

I went to ride on xmas day and naturally the roads were quieter than usual. I felt super vulnerable. And this is on the already vanilla suburban route i ride after deciding that going wider in the dbnville area is just not safe anymore. At this point my bikes are becoming exhibition pieces. They are showroom clean and not getting ridden. This incident happened basically where they got me too, and yet you still see lone cyclists, male and female...plodding around there early mornings. It is not safe anymore. I forwarded this info to the guys who helped me and they mentioned a few other reported bike jackings in the same area. The ones we see on here are only a hand full.

Re Woodstock...kill it with fire.

not sure if possible in particular with the vast open spaces there...

there seems to be a trend at a particular area...

not sure who in that area could get it done, but as part of what we doing in our area to rid crime is visibility. we've got signs as you enter our area saying your are now entering a so and so area and is patrolled by our neighborhood watch. although it has been put up yet, but we've got approval to put a signs staying this is a hotspot area, this particular area is where i was mugged some years ago. it is now also a spot for smash and grabs and hijacking.

anyway it might be a long shot, but as you said you've seen so many single riders out there. At least it would be known that is a spot/area known for incidents.

Seems the moment you step out your door, you're entering a hotspot. :(

It sure feels like that. :thumbdown:  :(

not sure if possible in particular with the vast open spaces there...

there seems to be a trend at a particular area...

not sure who in that area could get it done, but as part of what we doing in our area to rid crime is visibility. we've got signs as you enter our area saying your are now entering a so and so area and is patrolled by our neighborhood watch. although it has been put up yet, but we've got approval to put a signs staying this is a hotspot area, this particular area is where i was mugged some years ago. it is now also a spot for smash and grabs and hijacking.

anyway it might be a long shot, but as you said you've seen so many single riders out there. At least it would be known that is a spot/area known for incidents.

in this particular hotspot I think the biggest problem is the proximity and quick escape to Danoon over the N7 along foot paths that make the escape quick and hard to follow if in a vehicle. 

Solid red = Danoon 

Dashed red = foot paths from/to Danoon and Road from R/wood and Conters

Solid magenta = Road from R/wood and Conters 

Dashed magenta = turn off to Conters

Longest escape path as measured on Google = 1.4km and the remainder are on average just under 1km and downhill. So on foot it is a quick escape.

post-5403-0-11648500-1609839692_thumb.jpg

snip

the green bits are perfectly tarred roads too...the top one (postmans) is the remnants of that road....and is closed with a farm gate. its a perfect road running downhill to dunoon. thats where they took my bike down. and it's in the perfect location...right after the crest of the hill by the quarry...so you get knocked off going slow and up...and they race down the escape road.  He was at the n7 crossing before I got picked up and went around to the hiway side.

there are a few reports of guys being attacked at the hoogekraal trail head crossing too. My wifes obstetrician has two friends who were recently attacked and stabbed there. again....none of that on here. then there's the break-ins happening at hoogekraal parking lot already. it's there already. 

post-64325-0-13191400-1609843184_thumb.jpg

Edited by morneS555