East Rand danger areas

Evan Andreou

Received this, i ride that road quite often.

Just a matter of concern.One of our group riders were involved in a attempted hi hacking this morning .He was on his way to meet the training group at 5 am this morning.He was confronted by two men ,trying to force him of his bike .Luckily he managed to get away.

This happened at the Rondebult road bridge going over the highway.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received this, i ride that road quite often.

Just a matter of concern.One of our group riders were involved in a attempted hi hacking this morning .He was on his way to meet the training group at 5 am this morning.He was confronted by two men ,trying to force him of his bike .Luckily he managed to get away.

This happened at the Rondebult road bridge going over the highway.

Sorry, mate, which highway? N17 or N12?

Sorry, mate, which highway? N17 or N12?

This came from Sunward Wheeler's so i assume its the N17, but yes Rondebult does go over both.

i hear the say it the vagrants living under the bridge... bastards

About 10 or 11 years ago riding my mtb under the bridge on the unfinished piece of highway or whatever it is...(sunward park end) and got chased / stoned by a wild and woolly looking dude and his girlfriend who looked like they were living under the bridge, my first encounter with real life trolls....

• 1 month later...

Johannesburg - A man was killed when an 18-wheeler truck struck his bicycle in Birch Road, Benoni, on Tuesday morning, paramedics said.

The man had extensive injuries and died before paramedics arrived at the scene, ER24 spokesperson Vanessa Jackson said.

The truck driver was not injured.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Cyclist-dies-in-truck-crash-20130716

does anyone know more on this ? i cycle there often on my MTB next to tar road...

• 1 month later...

I heard some rumours that there was an incident at Modderfontein Central Park. Is this true? Does anyone know anything about this?

I heard some rumours that there was an incident at Modderfontein Central Park. Is this true? Does anyone know anything about this?

bike jacking ? or what ? i know someone face planted into the ground close to the dam wall on the tar road a while ago...

bike jacking ? or what ? i know someone face planted into the ground close to the dam wall on the tar road a while ago...

BIKE-JACKING!?

• 1 year later...

Hi guys watch this spot marked with the arrow, it's the loop that you take off Great North which takes you along Atlas Rd, Two buggers got me on Saturday, looking for cell phones and money.

post-1268-0-29376700-1430757335_thumb.jpg

Hi guys watch this spot marked with the arrow, it's the loop that you take off Great North which takes you along Atlas Rd, Two buggers got me on Saturday, looking for cell phones and money.

attachicon.gif2015-05-02 12_01_49-**** ride _ Ride _ Strava - Internet Explorer.jpg

thanks for the heads up,,hope you are ok!

What time as we cycle there every Saturday. Approx 8:00am. Team Edenglen and Bedfordview route for Saturday's, we will be on the lookout.

attachicon.gif2015-05-02 12_01_49-**** ride _ Ride _ Strava - Internet Explorer.jpg

Ouch. I cycled around there quite a bit - on my own!

Last weekend I got chased by two guys in Spartan. Got away though.

Now I head to Linksfield, Bedfordview, Dowerglen etc... areas. Feels much safer.