Cracking Raleigh 2007 Frames

stoffel

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, can't you guys read!!!!! Verstaan net prentjies!!!! Prentjies jok ook soms of ry julle een van daai duur fietse wat in dieselfde fabriek as Raleigh gemaak word!!!!!!!??????

because if you look at the components on the carbon bikes alone' date=' it is worth more in parts than what you pay for the entire bike.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/quote']

The way I understood it was the top of the range carbon road bike was just a marketing excersice - you know sell 25 bikes at virtually cost to create hype about the brand.....clever.

as long as they can back up their frames if something should happen then fine by me. If you want to spend 50K on something with a name you can't actually pronounce correctly then go fo it....

Go Raw-Lee !

I agree..this thread need pics.

Thread hijack in progress....

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/127795364_9018793fe9.jpg

Bikes are bikes and they are made to be ridden, so what ever your choice of weapon, use it well and race like demons, see ya all on the road, and thanks TitusTi I have read the book, and no I am not a Lance Fan, It seemed to me to be about passion, and one guys determination to be the best despite his personal challenges, didn?t realize it was all marketing, anyway don?t really care what they say, my passion is cycling and I don?t care what I do it on, for now my Raleigh will do ;-)<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

No it wasn't all marketting the title however was for marketing purposes. Unlike true literary genius like "The Chocolate covered bunnies of the Apocalypse".

The 2007  Raleigh carbon range frames is manufactured in Italy by a company called Dedacciai' date=' Dedacciai is also responsible for manufacturing some frames for Pinarello and Bianchi, teams like AG2R, Illes Balears Caisse d? Epargne (?scar Pereiro 2006 Tour de France runner up), I did some research before deciding to purchase the 2007 Team Raleigh as I was about to purchase a brand spanking new Look frame for almost double the price of the entire Raleigh Team Setup, It is unfortunate that Raleigh has such a stigma attached to it as a ?Supermarket Bicycle? because if you look at the components on the carbon bikes alone, it is worth more in parts than what you pay for the entire bike.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My Raleigh Team has, Shimano Dura-Ace 20 speed, Zipp 404 Wheelset, Deda Elementi Forrza Stem with Spectrum Alara Handlebar and Ritchey WCS Carbon Seat post with Fizik Arione Saddle, hardly components you expect to find on a Pick and Pay bike?

So to cut a long story short, these components you can find on most ?Pro Bike Setups?, frames will always break and crack under strain, go to any bike forum and you would find that there are similar discussions about the other brand names, bikes are made to be ridden, and I am quite comfortable that purchasing a Raleigh was the right decision, and with a limited life time warranty on the frame who cares about a crack?

And it is about time someone made bikes a little more affordable, and if you feel that riding a Trek, Giant or any other brand name makes you faster or better, well then I suggest you read Mr Lance Armstrong?s book ?It is not about the Bike?     

[/quote']

Firstly Mr Armstrong had his bikes sponsored and a few backup ones at that.

Now if you've got to pay for the stuff yourself and Raleigh honours their limitted waranty, who's going to replace all the rest of the damaged groupset if the frame breaks up under strain?

The rider.

So there you sit on your bike knowing that there are known problems with the frame...........will you now climb harder & descent faster? Or hold back just a little?

Does this frame make you faster? Or slower?

If the same rider sits on a frame with no known weakness, he'll ride harder.

Fit al those fancy parts to a Litespeed Ghisallo, give it to your riders and ask THEM if there's a difference.

-  Was riding with one of THE TEAM a while ago, he looked at the Litespeed and said: "Nice bike! One day I would like one of those handbuilt frames.'' -