Fritz Pienaar denies uncompetitive behaviour

Ralphk

hang on... arent you all a little bit hypocritical?

You're meeting in an open forum and deciding collectively to not support the cycle shops?

how is that different from the cycle shops meeting to discuss setting a pricing model?

a: Open forum, not secret meeting to decide how to buttf&*k consumers

b: um, think of all they've done for the sport, so we are, and we are following their example...

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what people seem to forget is what they are doing/have done for the sport.

"Angry I have said it before & will say it again: "here we go again - "what they've done for the sport" SCREW WHAT THEY DID FOR THE SPORT" - A CRIME IS A CRIME IS A CRIME - IF THEY FIXED PRICES / THEY'LL DENY EVERY LAST BIT OF IT" - WE HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF"

WAKE UP - Must they be treated with Velvet gloves ?? methinks not. what right does anyone have to fix prices and control the smaller wholesalers / markets for self enrichment ???

ITS UTTER GLUTTONY .... IT FREAKS ME OUT AT PEOPLE'S GLUTTENOUS BEHAVIOUR - SO WHAT THEY'VE DONE FOR THE SPORT ??? I COULD CARE LESS & SO SHOULD U & LOOK AT WHAT'S HAPPENING !!!Angry

"DTBig%20smile"

what people seem to forget is what they are doing/have done for the sport.

"Angry I have said it before & will say it again: "here we go again - "what they've done for the sport" SCREW WHAT THEY DID FOR THE SPORT" - A CRIME IS A CRIME IS A CRIME - IF THEY FIXED PRICES / THEY'LL DENY EVERY LAST BIT OF IT" - WE HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF"

WAKE UP - Must they be treated with Velvet gloves ?? methinks not. what right does anyone have to fix prices and control the smaller wholesalers / markets for self enrichment ???

ITS UTTER GLUTTONY .... IT FREAKS ME OUT AT PEOPLE'S GLUTTENOUS BEHAVIOUR - SO WHAT THEY'VE DONE FOR THE SPORT ??? I COULD CARE LESS & SO SHOULD U & LOOK AT WHAT'S HAPPENING !!!Angry

"DTBig%20smile"

I think if you take a closer looker you will find a tongue wedged firmly in the cheek of that smiley face of mamparas.Big%20smile

Why is everybody gunning for Cyclelab and FPC - I am not a fan on CL and have never been to FPC but there were about 40 other cycling shop owners at the meeting - do you want them all to be investigated and put out of business because if they need to pay the penalty of 10% of their turnover, I can promise you that 90% of cycle shops will be put out of business.

Where do you get the idea in any case that cycling shop owners are doing well - there are maybe a few in Jhb that have a lavish lifestyle but most of the owners I know are living a middle class lifestyle - not all of them are driving Porsches - you must also remember that cycling [especially road cycling] is a very seasonal sport and that there turnover falls dramatically over the winter months.

It is easy to say that it is so much cheaper to by over the net and that you can get your equipment at 50% cheaper - do you actually pay the import taxes required when doing that or do you take that out of the equation - if you are not paying these taxes, are you then not also guilty of a crime.

P.S - I am not a cycling shop owner, nor do I have shares in one.

Why is everybody gunning for Cyclelab and FPC - I am not a fan on CL and have never been to FPC but there were about 40 other cycling shop owners at the meeting

FP posted the minutes and AM (and his guy in CPT) organized the meetings. I hope the others (and the supplier) also get investigated.

***deleted, due to not wanting to offend anyone who has made a very valid point and is arguing a VERY similar point to my own***

Funny how that may offend people...
big_guy_g2009-03-16 07:24:47

Why is everybody gunning for Cyclelab and FPC - I am not a fan on CL and have never been to FPC but there were about 40 other cycling shop owners at the meeting

FP posted the minutes and AM (and his guy in CPT) organized the meetings. I hope the others (and the supplier) also get investigated.

True Newlands, but clearly some guys here are so used to the feeling of assrape, they will defend their right to get it at all costs...

Hey where would Fritz be now if it weren't for many many years of ripping customers off?Wink

Needless to say the service at his shop is nothing but complete and utter horses#$t! Of course he'll deny it. He's that weak!

Why is everybody gunning for Cyclelab and FPC - I am not a fan on CL and have never been to FPC but there were about 40 other cycling shop owners at the meeting - do you want them all to be investigated and put out of business because if they need to pay the penalty of 10% of their turnover' date=' I can promise you that 90% of cycle shops will be put out of business.

Where do you get the idea in any case that cycling shop owners are doing well - there are maybe a few in Jhb that have a lavish lifestyle but most of the owners I know are living a middle class lifestyle - not all of them are driving Porsches - you must also remember that cycling [especially road cycling'] is a very seasonal sport and that there turnover falls dramatically over the winter months.

It is easy to say that it is so much cheaper to by over the net and that you can get your equipment at 50% cheaper - do you actually pay the import taxes required when doing that or do you take that out of the equation - if you are not paying these taxes, are you then not also guilty of a crime.

P.S - I am not a cycling shop owner, nor do I have shares in one.

I though MTB'ing is getting bigger than road cycling....maintenance is also a lot more on them so they should be busier in winter than summer??