Sunglasses?

chris414

Rudy Projects are much cheaper than Oakleys' date=' I still would like to know how a company can make glasses for less than R20 and sell it for R2000.[/quote']

It's called free enterprise

Ya I know, you right, but then they complain when people buy the sunnies on the street corners for R50 and call it fakeleys. Problem is, the fakeleys is actaully "realleys", they just come out the back door of the company.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can purchase from Oakley direct in PLZ. They will ship to you direct.

Pro M Frames still the BEST!!!

Rudy Projects are much cheaper than Oakleys' date=' I still would like to know how a company can make glasses for less than R20 and sell it for R2000.[/quote']

It's called free enterprise

Ya I know, you right, but then they complain when people buy the sunnies on the street corners for R50 and call it fakeleys. Problem is, the fakeleys is actaully "realleys", they just come out the back door of the company.

Sorry, can't agree with this. Whilst I am no expert, I have compared (jackets & wires)  and IMO the fakes are significantly inferior. Lenses, coatings, finish, materials are all poor quality.

Not saying that Oakleys costs hundreds/thousands to make, but quality cannot be compared.

Proudly Oakley! - (First pair Frogskins and 10 others since then.)

You must come down to PE, here and in CT the stuff on the street is real, I even tried it out one time by taking it back to Oakley and exchanging it for another color, they didn't even spot the fake one. A while back I heard from someone that the fake ones come out the factory, but they are inferior and not suposed to ever make it outside the factory. They get destroyed and made again. Here in PE we can buy direct, but it costs the same as in any other store, so what's the point, one thing I must say is that Oakley kicks ass when it comes to style.