Sunglasses?

chris414

Oakley M Frames no doubt, but i also have a pair Of Kuota with four lenses. Good avalue at R550.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about Oakley M-frames ...  does anyone have a spair Silver, frame only, available?

Chris, for that price range, I would go for either D?rcs or BBB!
tazman2007-03-14 04:51:07

How many of you swopped you Oakley frames at the expo for free??.  They popped my lenses out put them into a new frame and even gave me a new bag (One of those HUGE M frame bags!!) .  How many other manufacturers do that??

Oakly M frame fit is unbeatable too, and are the only pair of glasses I have had that don't fog up while Mtbing.

Just about every pair of sunnies that you pick up will have polycarbonate lenses.  Polycarbonate blocks UV and does not shatter.  So even the cheapest pair of sunnies will meet the functional requirements.  Whether you like the look or fit of a pair of cheapies, or are prepared to pay for the style points of e.g., Oakleys is another matter which only you can decide.

I have a pair of Rudy - Rydon's . Photochromic lenses that changes from light to dark . You can wear them early morn and during high sunlight . Best buy ever . 

The best glasses for riding remain the Oakley Pro M-Frames.

Not any more.  Fitted the new Radar glasses this morning.....I am in LOVE.  No more sweat on the lenses...Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

at that price mampara has it right - D'Arc or BBB.

if you're willing to spend more i gotta say i loooooove my rudy projects... but they are pricey

Not only pricey but the lenses are not that nice.  Have a set of Tretyon's and I am not impressed.  Plus their service is crap compared to other manufacturers.

i would recomend a pair of oakley halfjackets the best thing i have ever baught .I paid R900 for them

Nope....I will still wait for the new Radars.  VERY NICE.  They will come out in something like 30 colors.  Interchangeable lenses.  Vented and non-vented.

For a couple of Bob extra' date=' you could wait for the new Oakley's. I think they are called Radars and the launch price will be around R1,250 according to the agent at the expo - very nice, and they are Oakleys which are normally worth the additional cost. [/quote']

Yup......That should be the price......  And I think every cent worth.  Will be able to post a review of the glasses after the Vasbyt. 

I see Microsoft rode with them in the Giro.  Should be interesting what they thing of them.

OK  Enough now.....Big%20smileEmbarrassed
Spinnekop2007-03-15 04:08:39

Talking about Oakley M-frames ...  does anyone have a spair Silver' date=' frame only, available?

Chris, for that price range, I would go for either D?rcs or BBB!
[/quote']

Tazman.  I have a set.  Silver with the blue Oakley label.  What are you offering?  The lenses are used.  Still have to get new ones but if you want to take them off my hands....?

spidy, i tried the addidas on as well (evil eyes) and personally (nb i have super-sensitive f'd-up eyes) i prefered the rudy's. they are even better than my old bolle's were. the photchromic aspect etc really works well and if i know that it's going to be getting light soon i don't even bother to ut the clear lenses in if it's still dark when i head out - i can see enough despite the "dark" lenses, yet in bright sunlight they are still 100% perfect

You did ask for R600 region not R6000 ??,  imo then  D'Arc's will fit that bill very nicely, not so great in rain or mist but overall they work well. They are my general cycle glasses

I use D'ARcs and have a huge problem with sweat and misting up on inside of the lenses. I am now considering spending a bit more, but 2grand plus is way too much.

many many moons ago i could still get away with using contact lenses... couldn't see that well, but enough to not wipe out the whole time. Back then i used D'Arcs and yep, i agree they misted up quite badly. BBB's were better.

The glasses mist up cause you are moving to slow !!! Pick-up the pace and you will notice that they stay mist-free .

The glasses mist up cause you are moving to slow !!! Pick-up the pace and you will notice that they stay mist-free .

This is true. Mine fogs up only on cold mornings when I stand still, never when I'm moving.