AuctionLamb

If you don't go for Campy....which will be kind of strange' date='[/quote']

That would be kinda strange, but it takes all types....Wink

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GEEZ.....I am actually thinking of getting Campy nowStern%20Smile.....and I only asked for if I must go for DA or Ultegra + nice race wheels....now I am sitting with more worries now that I asked for!LOL

This forum sucks.....WinkLOL

Just remember, Campy cassettes are 3 times the price of Shimano and their chains are double the price. And also, not all shops stock campy so be prepaired to wait for parts.

Just remember' date=' Campy cassettes are 3 times the price of Shimano and their chains are double the price. And also, not all shops stock campy so be prepaired to wait for parts. 
[/quote']

But it is Campag, so you are replacing things less often, and it never breaks, so you don't ever wait for parts...Wink

Am I missing something ?

Are there actually alternatives to Campagnola?!!!

(I have just put on my bullet proof vest!)

I got ultegra and a FSA carbon crank - put the remainder of the money into being able to afford a carbon frame - with change Big%20smile.

If you are planning on continually pouring huge amounts into cycling gear - with no visable speed benefits then get DA... ( next month you can blow 7k+ on wheels.

You never said what wheels you will be putting on (if you use DA) but if they are some unreliable or heavy crap wheels like: Ksyrium Equipe or Shimano 500 or 550... you WILL upgrade to better wheels!

BTW.  DA has been around for about 4 years. campy has just released nwe Record... I'm sure DA cant be too far behind.

Actually who cares 105, U, DA, Record - get a good frame (sorted) and good wheels!!

Just remember' date=' Campy cassettes are 3 times the price of Shimano and their chains are double the price.[/quote']

It was ever thus:  you can't run with the wolves and p!ss with the puppies.

And also' date=' not all shops stock campy so be prepaired to wait for parts.
[/quote']

...or possibly drive to another LBS.

Seriously now, this debate will always leave you confused and could lead to much wasted funds. My advice - follow your heart first then your wallet (within reason). It leads to greater satisfaction and less expense in the long run.

Compromise only brings temporary satisfaction!!

AL, and just remember that tazman is selling a hardly used FSA carbon crankset - much better looking than the ultegra one... pm him to see if it's still available... then you can get even better wheels, and wheels will make a bigger diff than groupset

AL: Remember one thing.

Ertjies Bezuidenhout won the Rapport tour on a Peter Allan, with a 6 speed cluster.

If you got the money, buy the dura-ace, if you have a limited budget, buy the Ultegra

If you got the money' date=' buy the dura-ace, if you have a limited budget, buy the Ultegra[/quote']

I am ALWAYS on a limited budget....the only guys that hadd an unlimited budget is the Ruperdts and Oppenheimer's!!! LOLThumbs%20Up

Ok, what about a Ultegra 10sp groupset, but change the cranks and pay in the diff for the Dura Ace cranks.

Cyclist are stupid, they will reconize the crankset and assume you got the too-tie. smiley2.gif

Popeye, it's not about fooling stupid cyclists.  It's about personal priorities.  And none of this is really about logic, or we'd all be riding Sora.

On another thread this morning, I was rolling my eyeballs at what some people are prepared to spend on sunnies.  It's their money, and if they want to spend it I am not going to criticise, it's just that I am not prepared to do it.

But when the time comes to replace my Campag cassette, it's going to cost, and I will pay with a smile 'cause it's what I want.

AL, racman's advice is good: do not compromise.  If you buy below what you really want, you will prolly end up buying twice.  That's not to say you have to buy top of the heap, just before that what you buy is in fact what you want.

That's not to say you have to buy top of the heap' date=' just before that what you buy is in fact what you want.[/quote']

I actually do not care about DA or Ultegra......just want to know if it make more sense to buy just DA rather than putting Ultegra PLUS carbon racing wheels on the bike.

For exampe I do not look at an oak's shifters before I start and say to myself....."this guy is %$^*%^ in this race.....he only got Ultegra shifter on!" LOL....Big%20smile