Help with Frame. Please

FanieFiets

OK so seriously. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Weight is not the be al and end all.  I have a 1.1kg frame and still get my bike under 6.8kg if need be.  (And Titus still whipped my ass up the hill climb!!  <?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />Embarrassed

You want to have a frame that has the ride quality that you desire. 

The Giant is going to give you a smoother ride with the least road noise.

The CR1 is going to be more responsive/stiffer and thus will sprint and climb better.

But then the question beckons.........HOW MUCH better/stiffer/responsive?  That much that a novice like me will feel it?

I don't think so.

In the end you have to go for a bike that turns your tummy and makes you sweat small drops at the back of you neck each time you see it.  Love your bike and you'll love to ride!!!!! 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maar daai Giant lyk darem net sooooooooo nice.

Lateral Bending StiffnessWeightStiffness (ft-lb/inch)
1Cervelo R32.02238.90
2Scott CR12.14183.70
3Cannondale AL CAAD 93.03180.70
4La Pierre 999 X-Lite2.50149.70
5Giant TCR Advanced2.28145.70
6Cannondale Synaps2.67136.00
7Spez S-Works Tarmac2.43135.60
Bottom Bracket TorsionWeightStiffness (ft-lb/inch)
1Cannondale AL CAAD 93.03121.90
2Cervelo R32.02109.30
3La Pierre 999 X-Lite2.50101.80
4Scott CR12.1484.00
5Schwinn Fastback (2001)3.1378.90
6Cannondale Synaps2.6776.30
7ISAAC3.1373.50
8Spez S-Works Tarmac2.4373.30
9Giant TCR Advance2.2866.70
FanieFiets2007-03-23 04:12:48

...In the end you have to go for a bike that turns your tummy and makes you sweat small drops at the back of you neck each time you see it.  Love your bike and you'll love to ride!!!!! 

[/quote']

Can't agree more, Spinnekop.

All of these are really nice, but I guess the Giant has more, er, Race-cred? Just not in pink.

Oh, just realised: If you save R4.5k on the frame and push that into better wheels, it'll make a huge difference in feel and climbing performance...
EdoardoBianchi2007-03-23 04:14:30

I personally dont like the slope on the top tube of the Giant. From the original list...CAAD9

I personally dont like the slope on the top tube of the Giant. From the original list...CAAD9

And that's the exact reason I went for it!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/probikes/tmobile_giant_linus_gerdemann/2.jpg

Ja, hierdie een laat my opgewonde voel.

Yeah, have to agree with Spinnekop on this, the one that you like the look of most is the one that you're gonna ride the most.

...In the end you have to go for a bike that turns your tummy and makes you sweat small drops at the back of you neck each time you see it.  Love your bike and you'll love to ride!!!!! 

[/quote']

Can't agree more, Spinnekop.

All of these are really nice, but I guess the Giant has more, er, Race-cred? Just not in pink.

Oh, just realised: If you save R4.5k on the frame and push that into better wheels, it'll make a huge difference in feel and climbing performance...

Decided to keep my wheels. AC Sprints they weigh 1,25 kg. or something stupid.

...Dan sal dit die Giant wees...

...He says coolly while reaching for the credit card.

*Envy' date=' envy, envy*

[/quote']

EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed Ja, try virgin. Hy gee massive credit.

But after this I'll probably have live off rice, dry bread and patatos for a while.
FanieFiets2007-03-23 04:49:54

If i was forced to choose out of those 3 i would choose the giant.The resale of the scott is absolutely crap.Friend of mine took 6 months to sell his cr1 frame and only got 5k for it,i think he paid 14k at the time.The only problem with the giant is if you are ever going to travel the bike won't fit into a bikebox(reason many companies are not going intergrated seatpost route and why the guys in the pro peleton ride the normal scott frame and not the new intergrated seatpost one )

It will fit into a bike bag (with bikebox inside) just fine.  I have a large TCR Comp and have never lowered the seatpost to travel.  There are very few pro's that ride with 80cm between the BB and top of the saddle so whoever told that story has never packed a bike before.

Good choice Fanie.  One of the best aspects of the Giant's is the flex of the frame.  Makes for a lot more comfortable ride than many other pro level bikes.