Best Knee Ointment?

Fastum Gel (Spelling I think)... I use it sometimes when my knee gets sore/inflamed and it works like a bomb! Best there is on the market they reckon and I kinda agree...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fastum Gel (Spelling I think)... I use it sometimes when my knee gets sore/inflamed and it works like a bomb! Best there is on the market they reckon and I kinda agree...

Seriously Jason??? Confused

My wife bought some of this and I thought she was joking.. I have never even used it.. ooopsss

so you trying to tell me I am going to have to admit to her that she is not as silly as she seems??Shocked

Guest Michelle

If you want to take tablets you can get sandoz diclofenac for around R8 a box... it's a voltaren generic.  Some chemists will give it to you without a prescription.

thx Guys, wil tryFastum if I don't need a perscription? Orca, Remidy Blue? sound slike a Veri Mart Advert??

Re: Titus, I always felt like I was pedaling farward and not downwards, that's why I moved it forward.

ok here's a very good treatment. A bit messy but it helpem me when I broke my shoulder. Was given to me by the dude who I go to accupuncture for (or dry needles as some call it here).

a) Rest

b) Get some fresh ginger and  peel of the skin.

Shave the ginger with a cheese grater or whatever

Get some kitchen plastic wrap and a helping hand

Place the shaved ginger on the inflamed bits and wrap it in the wrap Smile.

After a while' date=' it will start to heat up, it's meant to do this. It will get VERY hot and try and stick it out for as long as you can.

The first few times maybe remove it after it gets a bit hot so you can get used to it.

Repat step b.

Basically the ginger increases the circulation to the inflamed area which helpd to heal it quicker.

[/quote']

thx, I like remedie like this, will defnitly try it!! Maybe try it on my hand aswell, it's still sore from the Argus Mtb'ing raceEmbarrassed

Marius - are you by any chance the Marius in the pic crossing the line (the finish line :) in Francois' post in the M/bury thread?

If yes - i think TitusTi is spot on. No ointment will make a lasting difference.

I used to get some bad inflamation from being a fat runner who used to pound his knees into submission (previous flabby lifetime..)  Best thing by far is ICE.  Five to 10 minutes of ice in a dishcloth on the inflamed joint/muscle works wonders.  It gets the body to repair itself better than any NSAID's could ever do.  If you need to use them (Voltaren et al) do it a day or so after the ice.  The two don't work optimally together.

(Remember the old standard RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation)