Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My trusty steel steed that carried me for over 870 km of the harsh conditions of the "Groot Karoo" during the Tour of Ara 2017. Also pictured is my cycling partner Johann from Namibia on his LeJeune.post-51655-0-19634900-1502131937_thumb.jpgpost-51655-0-47292500-1502131975_thumb.jpg

Maybe this is the wrong thread...

I picked up an old Raleigh Lenton in a scrapyard while ago. Researched it now and found it's a 1953.

Frame is fine, only some surface rust. Problem is, fork is damaged. It's bent, and has a serious ding on inside of right fork.

Can it be repaired/Fixed? if so, how, or where? Please help?

I picked up an old Raleigh Lenton in a scrapyard while ago. Researched it now and found it's a 1953.

Frame is fine, only some surface rust. Problem is, fork is damaged. It's bent, and has a serious ding on inside of right fork.

Bump...

Bump...

It is possible to straighten a fork, but dents are difficult to fix. It may be better to try and find a replacement fork if the bike is worth restoring. Can you post a picture of the frame and fork.

Looking for a vintage Pinarello again for a friend. Please PM me if you know of something available.

Hey Guys

I bought this vintage Alpina the other day as a build project but dont have any free time at the moment

Anyone interested in buying it from me?

R1400 Onco

I am based in Cape Town and the bike is at a friends workshop in Maitland

Luke

post-22488-0-13414200-1502795774_thumb.jpg

Edited by slewk

Hey Guys

I bought this vintage Alpina the other day as a build project but dont have any free time at the moment

Anyone interested in buying it from me?

R1400 Onco

I am based in Cape Town and the bike is at a friends workshop in Maitland

Luke

attachicon.gifAlpina.jpg

Interested 

PM sent

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for 600 tricolor brake leavers. Actually any shim levers from early 90s in good knick will suit. Pleash, pleash help a brother.

Looking for 600 tricolor brake leavers. Actually any shim levers from early 90s in good knick will suit. Pleash, pleash help a brother.

Look for pair of Shimano Tiagra R400 brake levers.  

(Talk about the trickle down effect!  :devil:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/shimano-tiagra-r400-brake-levers/rp-prod13672

(unfortunately out of stock at CRC now)

These are 100% the same  as the Shimano 600 brake levers.  

Except for the the colour and "600" painted on it. 

I have bought these and used the rubber hoods and plastic parts to refurbish a pair of shoddy Shimano 600 levers to new. (except for the scratches :blush: )

Hope it helps you. 

Edited by IH8MUD

After all,  this is the retro thread and tomorrow is Friday..............

Who started this massive trend back in the 80s ? ( and we all fell for it )

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-27q5_0zNtes/TZAKFmDLLrI/AAAAAAAAFjo/qdzlKPNaNgA/s1600/DSCN5196_edited-1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-27q5_0zNtes/TZAKFmDLLrI/AAAAAAAAFjo/qdzlKPNaNgA/s1600/DSCN5196_edited-1.jpg

They didn't have plastic 2 litre Coke bottles in the 80"s :)

Many years ago when my brother's DHC was stolen the buggers put a dent in the top tube.  When we recovered the bike (another story all together), my Dad just filled the dent with brazing, sanded the tube down and resprayed.  When I inherited the bike many years later it was still going strong and you could hardly see where the dent was.

I'm doing exactly the same now with the motorbike I am building - the I'm filling the holes in the mudguard with brazing and will re-chrome after.  You wont even know they were there.