Long-ish ride at NF on Sunday

MichH

Pls give a bit more info on NF.

We've been there only for races a year or two back, but how does sunday rides work? Is it a club's HQ? Entry? Are routes available for a +-2hr intermediate ride. I need to start somewhere with mtb training: we want to ride Mabalingwe for the 1st time this year. Big%20smile ( thoughts on this race?)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Fester, see www.satrails.co.za. Go to right hand side, click on link for more info on trails (document on NF)

Northern Farm is a standalone, i.e. open to public not limited to a club. There are a lot of trails, mostly roads but a bit of singletrack. I haven't done Mabalingwe so not sure how it compares...

Why 7:30 Mich? Why not 7:00? Earlier start, earlier finish. I would like to come aswell.

Thug,

It looks as if I will be riding to NF from my place. Not sure of the routing yet. So I will phone you tomorrow once I have had time to think about.

We can give you a lift back to your car afterwards.

thanx MichH for organising yet again

i had a good time.........always better with such good company........even river crossings are more amusing.....LOL

Hell it was fun and stinky. Thanks guys. And I wil not say a word about DR new toy. *droooool*

We went on Sunday because you guys always make it sound like fun. Wow. What a nice ride. We rode for about 3hrs. Thanks

Sounds better than us, we burned rubber for 2:15, clocking about 40km. Luckily everyone agreed with me to call it a day, I was st&ffed!

You must have been the riders coming down the hill while we were battling up. You were flying. How big was your group? 5?

You must have been the riders coming down the hill while we were battling up. You were flying. How big was your group? 5?

5 it was yep......

Thug and I rode from Northcliff and got to Northern Farm at about 11h30. We expected to see a huge bunch of hubbers still there. Instead it looks as if everyone had seen DR's new bike, got hammered by the green -eyed monster and gone home with their tails between their legs.

Remember people - "its not about the bike"!

PS - Thug now understands when I say that my place is uphill. He did 150m climbing from his place to mine.

Glad you all had a good ride!  I rode NF yesterday afternoon with my gf and 3 others, was a nice slow fun ride....hopefully we can all ride together soon again!  

And the big news of the day .... MichH went down the drop at the tunnel on the second round ! And she did it better than me ! Bored Girl had it all earlier that morning as she was kicking butt on all the uphills smiley5.gif .

Thanks DR! It was a beeeg step in the right direction, now to conquer pavements, chuckle!