Waht is the problem with cyclists

bmw driver

TNT1 ' date=' I cycle every day tot work and back, and on many days when the robot is red, cyclist will come from behind and still go over the red robot.

I see it every week. And thats a fact.

[/quote']

Oh, I agree, many cyclists are to blame, as are many motorists. I think my comment was more born out of frustration with this bmwdriver moron, as well as the other, shall we say "newer", members of this forum who have nothing constructive to add, and only seem intent on bludgeoning their own narrow views on the rest of us. Sorry.

Hey TNT het jy te veel gecarboload die week, jy is nogal heel moerig die laaste  twee dae, gaan jy bela bela ry. Goeie manier om van frustrasies ontslae te raak.LOL

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again this morning a lot of cyclists with a vehicle as back up blocking traffic.

When will you realise that the roads are for cars and not playing?

why do you not get out of your car and play in the traffic you WILL be doing everybody a favour by taking yourself out of the community

There are bad cyclists out there as there are bad motorists. I am not saying this is the case here.

BMW Non-Driver, if you or other motorists came upon a donkey kart fully laden with fire wood travelling at 20-30km/h, what would you do? Slow down & overtake when safe to do so.

What if you in your BMW and other drivers in the Mercs, Lexus and other, came across a 22 wheeler truck carrying a load and is 10 tons over-loaded travelling at a speed of 20-30km/h, what would you do? Slow down & overtake when it is safe to do so.

Both the Donkey Kart (no license required) and the truck (with the horse & both trailers licensed) have full rights to use the road. If you look at your traffic manual, you would notice that bicycles (no license required) is catergorised as a vehicle and has full rights to use the road, contrary to some (and your opinion). So complain all you want, we HAVE rights just like you do.
shaunh2007-05-24 02:42:59

when doing your K53 learners licence, it states, and is a question when doing the test, watch out for cyclists, if we weren't supposed to be on the road, would that be printed??????

Maybe it is because they are all white

This is just so strange, here we all are trying to start a NEW South Africa - and trying to get rid of the old "racist" South Africa. - Statements like these are not helping, secondly I can only but wonder what would have happened if we had made a comment like " Maybe it is because they are all black" what would have happened. gues the government would have banned this site.

This is not a nice thing to say.......

http://www.btinternet.com/~knutty.knights/bmw.gif

Hey Fandacious, did you not perhaps come across a recall on BM's for malfunctioning speedometers?

when doing your K53 learners licence' date=' it states, and is a question when doing the test, watch out for cyclists, if we weren't supposed to be on the road, would that be printed??????[/quote']

ClapClapClapClap

There are bad cyclists out there as there are bad motorists. I am not saying this is the case here.

BMW Non-Driver' date=' if you or other motorists came upon a donkey kart fully laden with fire wood travelling at 20-30km/h, what would you do? Slow down & overtake when safe to do so.

What if you in your BMW and other drivers in the Mercs, Lexus and other, came across a 22 wheeler truck carrying a load and is 10 tons over-loaded travelling at a speed of 20-30km/h, what would you do? Slow down & overtake when it is safe to do so.

Both the Donkey Kart (no license required) and the truck (with the horse & both trailers licensed) have full rights to use the road. If you look at your traffic manual, you would notice that a bicycles (no license required) is catergorised as a vehicle and has full rights to use the road, contrary to some (and your opinion). So complain all you want, we HAVE rights just like you do.
[/quote']

ClapClapClapClapClap Good point and well put!

Waar sien julle Tshepo se posts? Ek kan dit nie sien nie, of was dit dalk op 'n ander onderwerp, of afgehaal deur die Mods? Klink vir my na 'n troll...

Waar sien julle Tshepo se posts? Ek kan dit nie sien nie' date=' of was dit dalk op 'n ander onderwerp, of afgehaal deur die Mods? Klink vir my na 'n troll...[/quote']

Die mods het dit verwyder. Ek hoop die mods ban hom sommer ook .

Ek hoop hulle ban vir Bmw driver/BIG MAMMA/Boela ook, wat na my mening een en dieselfde persoon is

Elke dag die selfde ou storie.Unhappy Kan niemand agterkom dat daar nooit 'n vergelyk gaan kom tussen fietsryers en motoriste nie!  Totdat elkeen nie leer dat hy nie alleenreg het op hierdie planeet van ons nie en 'n stukkie son gun vir die persoon langs jou, sal daar altyd konflik wees tussen die twee partye. 

I considered not rising to the bait, but I cannot help myself. I am getting the idea that there are two maybe three people on this forum that enjoy this cyclist vs motorist debate.

Let get somethings straight:

Firstly, those groups of "So called" cyclists that cycle in "Bunches" are only a fraction of people that actually use bicycles on the road. Why focus on a minority group and then generalise to the whole population, which is so obviously different from them. HAve you ever seen cyclists who commune from point A to point B cycling as you have discribed? Have you made a point of counting all the bicycles using the road to determine if that small group of competitive cyclists are representative? Or do you only focus on your emotional response? Areyou aware that most cyclists catually cycle on teh proverbial "Black Bike" and not a R40 000 spaceage mostrosity.

Secondly, legally cyclists are entitled to the left side of the road, and you are supposed to give them at least a meters gap when you pass them, so you actually have to leave the lane when passing cyclists (even when they cycle in single file). So your argument that you have been inconvienienced by cyclists is simply not valid. Cyclists are doing you the favour by moving out of your way. SHOW SOME APPRECIATION you GIT.

Dangerous driving, assualt with the intent to cause bodily harm, and inciting others to commite a criminal offence are CRIMINAL offences. GET OVER IT.

Why should cyclists be forced off the road by dangerous selfcentred ill informed morons?

Lastly, stop trying to do the metor police work for them (I don't think you are qualified). If a cyclist jumps a traffic light and gets hit, its his problem not yours. Stop moaning about others and think about your own behaviour.