Emperors Palace Classic

Jono Waddell

Did you ride in A' date=' Edman?[/quote']

In, not really. At the back of? Yes. It was a shameless 2:37 wheelsuck from me Big%20smile

Ditto. (To the finishing time and the shameless wheel sucking.)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20100208_004926_rasta_on_bike.jpg
I remember this guy very well. He was at the Stinger Stand asking me for advice on cramping. Very nice guy and was most appreciative of everything we told him. The Racetec guys should remember who he was as after he left us he went to them to get himself a timing chip.

If he finished at 10:57, and he started in GL (which I think he did), that would give him around a 4:10 finishing time, so should be possible for RaceTec to find (if he was getting a chip, he'll also have no previous results.

Anyone know who the BulkPack guy was that slipped behind a Toyota bakkie for about 10km after the potholes section???? (VA bunch)
What are the rules and how long can you sit behind your team car for. I remember Nolan Hofman getting his wrist slapped for this at a 94.7?
Gotta get someone to pull me back into the bunch when I get tired or puncture or whatever the reason is!!!!Angry

so anyone know what the rules are? I know he didn't feature at the finish. Maybe I am just a bit jealous I didn't get the same helpLOL

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW WHAT MAKES HIM BETTER THAN US TO GET SUPPORT FROM A CAR.  I WAS PART OF TH 5MAN GROUP TRYING TO CLOSE THE GAP AFTER LOOSING THE VA BUNCH ON THE BIG CLIMB AFTER THE POTHOLE SECTION.  KEPT THE GAP THE SAME FOR ABOUT 8KM (IN THIS TIME A BULKPACK MEAT RIDER CAME PAST US IN THE SLIP OF A HILUX BAKKIE -NOT FAIR) WE ROAD OUR ASSES OF TO TRY AND KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE GROUP.   

TommieV what kit were you in? I was also in that 5 man group. Man that was tough!!!!

I was in the blue and white Novo Nordisk kit with the black Karbona.  The guy that suffered the mostLOL

I was the guy in the Sweat & Gears kit that shouted and waved my finger at the Bulk Pack guy...doesn't look like he will fess up!!!!

Nice ride, thanks for the help yesterday!!!

Thanks buddy, you to.  What was your end time.. See the timming is again in shambles, getting the distance wrong and everything.  Lucky for us there is enough guys here fighting the fight... Thanks guys.  My average was 40km/h until racetec got hold of me... Now I am down to a 37.  The only positive is that it go's for everyone... for nowSmile

Still no results Unhappy

Racetec are completely useless.

Results are up

Our A bunch results are wrong' date=' thereby confirming how useless Racetec are. Swift actually won our bunch and is listed as having come third, with 2 guys recording a time 15 minutes faster. I don't think so, unless there was a break we didn't notice smiley18.gif [/quote']

You didnt notice then, I am sure there was a AL break away, it seemed the pack was content to give them space and catch them later as there were still many Km's to go. But then the pack got tired too haha.

I didnt think they would put 15mins on us though, is that possible? Incredible hard riding if they did.

I hope Racetec do sort their nonsense out, going from 40km/h ave on the garmin to 36.something leaves a bad taste. At least the times was correct - first mat measured it same as my garmin.

Rude2010-02-08 02:55:00

Thanks buddy' date=' you to.  What was your end time.. See the timming is again in shambles, getting the distance wrong and everything.  Lucky for us there is enough guys here fighting the fight... Thanks guys.  My average was 40km/h until racetec got hold of me... Now I am down to a 37.  The only positive is that it go's for everyone... for nowSmile[/quote']

2:35:34, also see my ave is out. I think they calculate off 97km and don't actually readjust the distance.

I emailed Wynand from cyclingnews to find out what the story is RE the distance and Racetec.

His response was that they would update accordingly.

What a good oke, second time he has gotten back to me with an informative answer!

Good on him!

You didnt notice then' date=' I am sure there was a AL break away, it seemed the pack was content to give them space and catch them later as there were still many Km's to go. But then the pack got tired too haha.
I didnt think they would put 15mins on us though, is that possible? Incredible hard riding if they did.

I hope Racetec do sort their nonsense out, going from 40km/h ave on the garmin to 36.something leaves a bad taste. At least the times was correct - first mat measured it same as my garmin.

[/quote']

Didnt you see that we caught them with about 5km to go? It was a few minutes after we passed the ladies bunch Wink

A nice race apart from the potholes! Anyone know if there were any crashes there? The A bunch seemed to ride quite sensibly there. Finished in the bunch in 2:37.

Good to meet your after the race Flex. Rode with you in that small group at Berge en Dale as well.

You didnt notice then' date=' I am sure there was a AL break away, it seemed the pack was content to give them space and catch them later as there were still many Km's to go. But then the pack got tired too haha.

[/quote']

Didnt you see that we caught them with about 5km to go? It was a few minutes after we passed the ladies bunch Wink

I didnt notice catching them. The break away was 4 or 5 riders if I remember. How on earth did 2 of them escape to 15minutes? Hardly seems possible...

From the results its obvious that some guys took chances and started in groups above their seeding group i.e the best time in group GL is 2:22, no way in hell possible, even better than the Vets and A and B group! I though you got disqualified for doing this?

I rode in gl, the guy who got a 2:22 was a machine. Our average was 43 until we hit the hill after the potholes. He was young though with polar kit on. Probably an ex elite. He had a gl number so maybe he is coming back to the racing scene

From the results its obvious that some guys took chances and started in groups above their seeding group i.e the best time in group GL is 2:22' date=' no way in hell possible, even better than the Vets and A and B group! I though you got disqualified for doing this? [/quote']

If Racetec use the times from the start and finish mats which i presume they do then this superfast times are down to the riders not completing the full route. Maybe cheating to get a better seeding time or just having a bad day and deciding to ride a shorter distance. If the later they should not ride over the mats at the finish. A way to sort this out is to have timing mats around the halfway mark but this would add to the cost of the race.