Longest time on IDT ?

I have been told that 45 minutes on an indoor trainer is as long as you should do in one session.

I have done 60 minute sessions but after that my butt gets numb.

Anyone done ridiculously long sessions ?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done 90 minutes already. Yeh, bum gets numb, but then I stand-up to relieve pressure now and then. Just like I would on the road!!!

Must be careful about standing to much on the IDT. Been warned that if you stand, the stress on the frame given that your back wheel is clamped in, can cause the frame to crack. Cry

Longest 80 minutes. 45 minutes limit? Goodness, my sessions later on in the year would go probalry towrds 1H40. IDt works well for intervals, and you can't do that on the road. Or you can but it won't be as affective as robots, stops, turns, pedestrians , downhills, uphills all will have an affect on ot. On the track yes, but who has access to a track? cervelo2007-06-07 04:06:27

Guest Michelle

I've done 2 hours a couple of times, not sure if I've done more...

It helps if you can put a movie or something on to watch... did the Argus flyby DVD twice LOL

I've done a couple of 3h30 sessions while traning for Ironman. Very boring, but very good training.

In Ride or Bike mag about 3 months back there was an ad for audio tracks by Bob Roll which you could download off a website.

I thought these might be good to listen to but the site no longer has these available for download.

Did anyone download these ?

Guest Michelle

I downloaded a couple of those TDF stage ones from carmichael systems.. they were only available for download a couple of days before & after the actual stage.  The music was pretty terrible though so I never used them.

Had a couple of 3 Hour sessions when I broke both my arms in an head on collition with a truck...I came second.....Dead....then  the truck driver still said it was my fault!

Longest 80 minutes. 45 minutes limit? Goodness' date=' my sessions later on in the year would go probalry towrds 1H40. IDt works well for intervals, and you can't do that on the road. Or you can but it won't be as affective as robots, stops, turns, pedestrians , downhills, uphills all will have an affect on ot. On the track yes, but who has access to a track? [/quote']

Cervelo if you join Lifestyle Performance Cycling Club you wll have access to a track - Hector Norris is available for us to go and train at - never been myself but it is very popular training location for my fellow club members.

"The track is open for training every night ? the Lifestyle Performance Cycling Club training group (literally the majority of the track riders) train every Tuesday and Thursday 5.30 to approx 8.00pm."

20070607_041952_Hector.jpg

All my IDT is done on my rollers. After 1hr my but is too sore to go on.

Standing isn't a viable option on rollers...

MuxMAn, the crappy part is , I work 5k from HN, and by 5:30 I'm a long time at home on the West Rand. Leave at 4.