Bright Idea - Bike Rack for Double Cab Bakkie

Kowus

Ok so I've seen a lot of questions around this topic on quite a few forums ... have a look at what I've done.

20100121_103138_IMG00074-201001.jpg

REMEMBER ........ you cannot go into places with height restrictions....... I once almost wrote off our MTB Tandem that was resting on the rollbar with the fork!!!!!1 Luckily somebody warned me in time.

Hehe .. won't forget .. I'm used to having my bike on my car's roof so no getting used to required.

Looks very nice Kowus. Have you thought of mounting those cross bars/bike rack in the floor of the bakkie? Then it will "ride" much lower. 

I remember a good few years ago seeing an MTB mounted onto the back of an Enduro / Tourer type motorbike ... now that is a great idea .. anybody successfully done or seen this done?

I remember a good few years ago seeing an MTB mounted onto the back of an Enduro / Tourer type motorbike ... now that is a great idea .. anybody successfully done or seen this done?

there's a hubber that rolls like that!
holy roller2010-01-22 02:02:47

Hi, I mounted it on top to still be able to utilis the tailgate. My cover's got a frame so I can pack all my luggage under the cover and 4x bikes on top without taking anything off.

I used to travel with the bikes on my Polo's roof so now they're much lower and easier to load.  

I`d also be interested in that?

20100122_020136_MTB.GIF

I have seen this on the web and like it as well...

I dig the guy's choice in music !