Oakley glasses vs. rest

The_Break

Hi All

My Oakley's are peeling for the 3rd time and I get a letter from Oakley saying that one of the major causes of peeling lenses is sweat due to acidity. Differs from person to person. Makes me rethink my definition of sports glasses. Seems Oakleys are not suited for my sport.

Of course if Oakley decide to cover warranty there is a hefty service fee. After 3 attempts it adds up to about R600 and after that ones nears the time when buying a new set of glasses and saying goodbye to Oakley is a good idea.

I wash and dry as per their specification.

Please let me know what glasses you ride with and what glasses you would recommend I stay away from? I was thinking of Rudi Project.
The_Break2010-01-26 07:09:12

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RUDI-RUDI-RUDI!!!

The only real sports eyewear!

No, seriously, Rudi is the best I've ever worn.

Very comfy, versatile and lasts for ever!Thumbs%20Up

How much do you sweat!!

I have had sweat pour down my Oakley lenses for 2 years and not a problem. i dont even rinse them, just wipe and ride.

I had 2 pairs of Rydon's and thought they were great. I now have the Genetyk with photochromic lenses and they are brilliant!

I sweat a lot into my glasses. I have had the M-Frames and the Racing Jackets both which are coated using chemical process. I.e not built into lense. Which do you have?

I had 2 pairs of Rydon's and thought they were great. I now have the Genetyk with photochromic lenses and they are brilliant!

Can Rudi's peel? Why did you change to 2nd and 3rd pair?

rudi rydon. They may not look as cool as say the jawbones but they work well and are light. Only gripe is that they fog up so quickly. I have a pair of oakley sunglasses and have replaced the lenses twice due to pealing. crap lenses great marketing

I sweat a lot into my glasses. I have had the M-Frames and the Racing Jackets both which are coated using chemical process. I.e not built into lense. Which do you have?

Radars

My Oakley's started peeling after a few years and I don't even ride with them, just day to day use. I took them back to the factory shop here in PE wanting to buy new lenses and got told they have no stock and wont be ordering any as the model has been discontinued. This is the second pair of glasses this has happened to me with.

They did offer to trade them in and give me R400 off the price of a new pair but that is still very expensive compared to new lenses that only cost a few hundred rands. I will never buy another Oakley product again.

Look for all rubber temples. Rudy a good option. Also adidas etc. None of them are really crap, just depends on which brand you want to advertise

just bought myself a pair of adidas evil eyes. Amazing!really loving them, doesnt even feel like they are there, no fogging up at all, sweat absorption pad is grat two, hate having sweat running down my lenses. Cyclelab in durbanville were having a 50% off sale on them. Got mine for just over R1000