Master Hubbers

Canaris

After all the discussion of who is a hubber ext ext I started looking at when members joined the Hub. I remember chatting on the supercycle forum, which also turned nasty. (Those were the days of LONESTAR) Super sport then quickly shut the forum down in August 2004. This resulted in many of us, BIgH, scotty, mampara and myself to name a few to come this way.

So who and where are these "Master" hubbers?

Big H is very busy fishing. I actually think his a master baiter on the fishing forum.

Oom dis net 'n ou grappie hoor. Laaik oom nog stukkend.

after the demise of the ss forum i lurked here without registering for a while.

hopefully those of us that came here and are still here today will ensure that thehub will not suffer a demise. guys, we've pulled it back together before - let's do so again.

Ah nostoligia those were the days, others that come to mind that were active then were King Compass and Bla Bla Blacksheep. Lowracer was very active on SS but seldoms pops in here these days.  

Going by IP addresses that SS published to stop malicious and double posts Lonestar had the same address as a sometimes poster here.

Also lurked around on Hub for a couple of months before registering Dec 04. Not so active anymore. Definately a decline in quality of posts on hub. DISAPOINTED ABOUT THAT. New breed of Hubbers (if you can call them that) that likes to insult other Hubbers. NOT ON!!.

You use to be able to post about any problem (Cycling related) you had, and you got honest, decent and helpfull replies. WHERE ARE THOSE DAYS???UnhappyCry

Wannabe2007-06-15 07:41:51

wannabe, i agree totally with you. half the fun for me these days is to be able to HELP and not belittle newbies to the sport. there is no joy for me in having a superior attitude - how will we get more people into loving our sport if we do that?

Joined August 2004.  Was part of the Lonestar revolution......Posted a lot on the SS site.  Was fun!

I had email to Bla Bla a week or so ago on his birthday and I regularly send him my Nigerian Newsletter I send to all on my mailing list. He is well and all is going well. Ja en nou is ek as gevolg van my eie stoepitgeid weer 'n ROOKIE van alle dinge.

Ja and to think when the SS website melted down we thought is was the end of the world. Here we sit a T+24 hours and all is still well and functioning. We surely grew up since then.

Who can still remember how we rallied together when Spinnekop was in the throes of deepest despair when he did not have a Racing Bike.... only the old MTB and then a new opening came for him on a team. Ag ja those were the days. Ek se weer die Hubbers HET grootgeword.

Yes, I also posted a little on the old SS site and I can vaguely remember some of the names mentioned.

I wasnt a regular there and I am not a regular here, although I often just look around and not post.

Sometimes I see an interesting thread and follow it through, but generally it seems to me theres a bit of an "ego" battle going on.

OOM H, how can I get on your Nigerian mailing list? I don't want any 911 scams though.

ps when are u in Souf Effrika again?KonaFan2007-06-15 08:23:07

I wish I knew what the Lonestar story is/was. can anybody please tell us newbs the whole story.

I wish I discovered the Hub much, much sooner.

Well, speak of the SS forum dying, and the issues on this one, for some reason I'm still to see something similar happen on runnersworld. There is none of the stuff going there on thats been going on here! Confused