How to Wax like a Man!

MichH

Courtesy of chidDONG of MTBR.com. See blog on http://www.racinrick.blogspot.com/

Last year I posted the highly informative and not at all inappropriate article titled "How to shave like a man!". It was a great success and brought me worldwide renown. I think 4 or 5 people actually read it based on the hate mail.

Anyway, over the course of the summer it became apparent that shaving just wasn't the way for me. It takes forever to do, I always miss spots and to be quite honest I'm too lazy to commit to the regimen involved. I ended up walking around all summer looking like a stubbly haired goat (scrawny legs and all) with the mange. Its not a look that's popular with the ladies.

This season after letting the fur regain its territory I decided to try waxing. How hard could it be I thought. Hoo-boy was I in for it.

Below is a step by step account of the process.

1. Buy waxing strips at store. I decided to also pick up some tampons at the same time so the clerk would assume I was simply being a good husband and not some sort of perverted, leg waxing freak. I decided on a product called "Nads" simply because I liked the name and thought it would be fitting for a dude to use.

Note: despite its name, you are NOT supposed to use the strips on your nads. See photo below. I feel gypped.
20070622_083724_ChidDONG1.jpg

2. Get photo of yourself licking your nads. Just because.
20070622_083801_ChidDONG2.jpg

3. Get yourself drunk. This is very important so that it doesn't hurt so much. I tried to man things up a bit here and went with a white wine spritzer over my normal zinfandel. Very manly, I feel better now.

4. Apply strips to leg as directed.

5. Take several deep breaths.

6. Pull strip off quickly.

7. Wake up finding yourself in the fetal position on the floor.

8. Look at shiny patch of bare skin. Only 20-ish more to go...per leg.
20070622_083843_ChidDONG3.jpg

9. Complete job.

10. Marvel at how many scars that were once covered by hair are now clearly and painfully visible.

Yikes, thems some ugly legs!
20070622_083918_ChidDONG4.jpg

11. Gain new respect for women.

12. Wait several days for missed hairs to grow long enough to try again. Yippee!

Its too soon to tell how long the hair will be gone for, from what I've heard, the more you do it, the less often you need to. Time will tell, I'll keep you posted.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Tried this a few years ago at the Expo. When the other guys waiting their turn saw me squirm in pain, they demanded their money back and left!!!LOL

Hahahahaha! I really enjoyed reading this. Heck I'm a girl and I don't dare wax!

Hahahahaha! I really enjoyed reading this. Heck I'm a girl and I don't dare wax!

Hy wife is into Health and Beauty and may I add PAIN!!!  Wax is an exercise from hell and thats why I've taken to MTB! You may look Neandethal and no-one seems to care... love it! 

I was able to bare waxing my calves and quads, however, when it came to my hamstrings I said alot of very rude words, screamed bloody murder and nearly burst into tears. Come to think of it is one supposed to wax their hamstrings. I will stick to shaving.

Hy wife is into Health and Beauty and may I add PAIN!!!  Wax is an exercise from hell and thats why I've taken to MTB! You may look Neandethal and no-one seems to care... love it! 

Ja GutterHugger this is a posting by ladyguys, shaving boobs is what they enjoy most ...  more than riding....as long it is another ladyguy's boobs that is....look at the pick where the guy licks the pack, he is wearing a ring... is he married to Gerald-Fits-Patric ? ( and Patrick-Fits-Gerald)

he,he,he

I waxed for years.  In the beginning it really f*$king hurts, but you get used to it.  And yes you hairs on yours legs do thin out.  Have not been riding this year so have not waxed for quite some time.

Stop being such sissy's.  You only have to wax once a month, and you guys are all big strong dudes.  If the ladies can do it, we can do it!!

Agh come on...waxing's not that painful! Do it once in a while and it's not bad at all!

The only reason that i shave most of the time is because waxing takes a bit longer per session (ja ja, i know it's a bit longer ONCE or twice a month as opposed to shaving 2-4 times a week, but really...it's just too time consuming especially when you're really busy - which then results in walking around with horrendously hairy legsConfused)  

Thats the only good thing about winter, not having to wax or shave as you can wear leg warmers or long pants.Thumbs%20Up

Stop being such sissy's.  You only have to wax once a month' date=' and you guys are all big strong dudes.  If the ladies can do it, we can do it!!
[/quote']

Women are supposed to have higher pain thresholds than men though.

Besides that I am still not convinced by all this oooh-aaah about why I need to wax !!! By waxing you must we waisting 30+ valuable minutes that should rather be used to crack the next frosty or wash your helmet inner !