Pricelists

BMCfan

I don't know if pricelists exist, but I would recommend you pick a number of sources and obtain prices on the groups from each manufacturer you are interested in. I'd recommend: Cajees, Westdene, your LBS and at least one online bike store (TotalCycling.com, Marvuli, etc)

Two more points:

1) Don't base your decision on price alone. Try to experience each manufacturer's offering by riding a bike equiped with a high-end group

2) If you want to go the Shimano route and is willing to drop a couple of grand (or more), wait for the 2008 product launch before deciding. Seems like exciting stuff coming onto the market in the next few months.

• 4 weeks later...

Phine Kyle at Cycle Factory. Was in there last week and he had the latest prices on hand.

(021) 552 8285. Tell him The Hub sent you.

Hi BMC.

The best on Campac and Shimano is from cwcycles.co.za

Just keep in mind that Marvullis prices is excluding VAT and shipping cost.

I got my Record from CWC as well as a I Magig. Beleive me the prices was MAGIC

Why compare? Campagnolo is way overpriced and the latger cost does not justify what you get and the bling bits of carbon does not justify anything except bling. If you are the snobbish excentric type go for it. The so called allure and charisma might justify the cost.

The SRam is new, unproven and expensive.

Shimano is well made, more dependable, smoother and way cheaper and better finished than the rest.......imo .................... NO CONTEST!!!!!!!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hendrik Petoors2007-07-29 03:35:40

Id say wait awhile! SRAM are about to bring out the RED! Its new and improved if you are willing to throw around a buck or two! Apparently its going to be the groupset that will upset the apple cart!

I wouldn't call SRAM unproven; they sponsor Saunier Duval! (they haven't seemed to have any problems with groupsets in the  Tour at all!)

Otherwise the other components will drop in price with new generation groupsets (as was said earlier)

sorry but campy is the way. i mean look at the name of the top of the range SRAM, they call it red.

now tell me wat do you associate red with. DANGER!!!!

where as campagnolo top of the range is record, you know why.....

cause the set the record in groupsets. high above everyone else!!

ha ha ha ha!!!

good luck shopping. it will be a hard decision. have fun!LOL

I have always ridden Shimano and recently got a bike with SRAM force on it and it is great. 

I have always ridden Shimano and recently got a bike with SRAM force on it and it is great. 

Sram rules. In the mtb arena Shimano cannot come close to sram. Sram is by far more reliable when things get wet and dirty.

I got an MTB with SRAM X9 and another with Shimano XT and guess what they both work! Look after it and even Deore will work.

Now when it comes to bling, ja the SRAM sure in my mind anyway looks more the dogs you know what's! Get the best you can afford and that works and looks good to you!

OK so now you know exactly what to go out and get! ......... NOT (in that Borat accent!)

Oh yes you wanted price lists, don't think the various suppliers / shops like to publicise those to much!