Biking with Lance Armstrong

Tankman

Since we're all name-dropping here, I've riden with the following legends in the last year:

Christoph Sauser

Burry Stander

Karl Plat

Stefan Sahm

Nino Schurter

Booya!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is wrong with you people?

The money raised (R175k) goes to CHA-RI-TY.  Not into Lance's pocket!  Jeez, you all bitch and moan about the guy like you've got nothing better to do but I don't see any of you ploughing as much money as he does into charitable causes.

Most people here don't earn half of what he does.hence most (including myself) cannot afford to donate such huge amounts but we give what we can.

one can only but imagine if just 2 or 3 ppl donated R175k into a development team or even start a development team that could one day rival the best in the world.

we all would like to see more SA riders esp (prev disadv) riding on the pro curcuit ,what are the chances of them getting there through Jag?

we all have a social responsibilty i think its only fair that we start in our back yard.Thumbs%20Up

Since we're all name-dropping here' date=' I've riden with the following legends in the last year:

Christoph Sauser

Burry Stander

Karl Plat

Stefan Sahm

Nino Schurter

Booya!

[/quote']

photo's ??? Wink LOL

Yep they like to hang around Stellenbosch. Sauser is a local, and burry is a local local. Many other athletes swim, gym and ride here in Stellies.

What is wrong with you people?

?

The money raised (R175k) goes to CHA-RI-TY.? Not into Lance's pocket!? Jeez' date=' you all bitch and moan about the guy like you've got nothing better to do but I don't see any of you ploughing as much money as he does into charitable causes.

?

Most people?here don't earn half of what he does.hence most (including myself) cannot afford to donate such huge amounts but we give what we can.

?

one can only?but imagine?if just 2 or 3?ppl donated R175k into a development team?or?even start a development team that could?one day rival?the best?in the world.

?

we all would like to see more SA riders esp (prev disadv) riding on the pro curcuit ,what are the chances of them getting there through Jag?

?

we all?have a social responsibilty i think its only fair that we start in our back yard.Thumbs%20Up

?

?

??

?
[/quote']

so lance flew out here and rode the argus and the charity ride for free?

i think not

You better then just insure the Kit for R175k as well cuz some ppl will try and take you out;-)

Ja, probably those colords people smiley36.gif

hey kent i was part of this ride - would you have more pictures by any chance? there were quite a few photographers that snapped pictures from teh back of scooters etc - any idea how we could get hold of some?

I too was one of the lucky ones who was able to join Lance on a ride and didnt have to pay R175k!!

Guys' date=' for those of you who don't know.... You all know how Lance tweeted in Aussie and Ireland that he was going for a training ride and people were welcome to join him and 1000's did? Well, he wanted to do the same thing in Cape Town. Someone with influence warned him against it.

Imagine the scene- thouands upon 1000's of cyclists coming out. The traffic chaos would have been worse. The scenes would have been apocalytic (for the Slow 1's who tend to be minus IQ'd, that means disastrous).

So if it had not been for 1000's of fans, finite road space, and individuals on the ride who would be embarrassing to be associated with, especially the Slow 1's, we could have had the opportunity to ride with him.

Congrats to all who rode with him. May you long cherish the experience, and share the story with many, of the day that you rode with an institution and a living legend.
[/quote']

Never mind the fact that the Twitter ride would sort of undermine the R175K Charity ride.

Imagine paying that and then 2 days later 175 000 chops pull up for a free ride with him!