ek kom met rou beats

jy le en wag

ek gaan soek iets

jy's ice tea

ek's wit blitz

jy's light bier

ek's spirits

jy dink jy's cooler as ekke?

Saw Mr Parow at RAMFEST, what a show Thumbs%20Up His hats were hilarous.

I think its a great initiative to be able to ride with Lance, for his fans they are willing to pay for the experience and the money goes to charity, so whats the problem? To any haters, he's just a normal guy and we should be welcoming him to SA. It makes me so happy to see celebrities coming to SA as these are the people that will keep our tourism industry thriving.

parabola2010-03-10 11:33:43

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha

what a laugh' date=' personally I would not pay to ride with any cyclist/celeb.
Yup he is a great marketer of the Livestrong Brand.
Yup he is a great charity contributor...

I'm cooler!

I started a small / medium business in 3rd world SA that supports 600 families directly, not charity, just good old skills development and job creation. A real sense of worth for guys who now support families.

I never won 7 Tours, in fact I never won any! But hey my marriage is succesful, so in that way I'm cooler than Lance!

I'm in Cape Town from Monday, I'm gonna Ride Chappies Drive, if you want you can ride with me for FREE.[/quote']

Thats cool...and you are 100% correct. Good for you. Nobody can take that away from you.

But in the same breath, nobody can take away from LA either. Its all relative, and if he has genuinely saved 1 life through his cancer work, I'll bet there is a family out there gratefull for it.

Just like the families supported by your industry 101SCC...it means the world to someone.

Is that not what charity is?

Why are there so many jealous ppl out there? If someone had phoned you up yesterday and said they'd sponsor you to ride today, I would love to see 1 single person on this thread turn down the opportunity - I know I wouldn't (yes, you will all boost your ego's by saying you would, but I seriously doubt it). I can't afford R175k, but to some ppl and businesses that is pocket change and why not donate it to a worthy cause (and you even get something in return!).

His cause is no better than anyone elses, but big credit to him for using his celebrity status for something worthwhile and not just to pocket more money himself. He isn't living in poverty, but I am confident he gives a lot more (time and money) to charity than 99.99% of celebrities (and ourselves for that matter!). You try cycling at that level while still travelling the world making appearances like this at the same time, must be serious pressure on both him and his family.

it's a pity that only white people has the oppurtunity to ride with LA....Wink

What has race to do with anything... smiley7.gif

Well said Shaun, something great done by cycling should be a celebrated and not a reason to attack those involed.

I am pleased Lance is here and I hope he felt welcome in SA!!

I'm cooler!

Jy dink jy's cooler as ekke!

jy's ou nuus
ek kom met rou beats

jy le en wag
ek gaan soek iets

jy's ice tea
ek's wit blitz

jy's light bier
ek's spirits

jy dink jy's cooler as ekke?

smiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif Awesome! smiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif

hahaha what a laugh' date=' personally I would not pay to ride with any cyclist/celeb. Yup he is a great marketer of the Livestrong Brand. Yup he is a great charity contributor... I'm cooler! I started a small / medium business in 3rd world SA that supports 600 families directly, not charity, just good old skills development and job creation. A real sense of worth for guys who now support families. I never won 7 Tours, in fact I never won any! But hey my marriage is succesful, so in that way I'm cooler than Lance! I'm in Cape Town from Monday, I'm gonna Ride Chappies Drive, if you want you can ride with me for FREE.[/quote']

?

Thats cool...and you are 100% correct. Good for you. Nobody can take that away from you.

But in the same breath, nobody can take away from LA either. Its all relative, and if he has genuinely saved 1 life through his cancer work, I'll bet there is a family out there gratefull for it.

Just like the families supported by your industry 101SCC...it means the world to someone.

?

Is that not what charity is?

Yup, all I'm saying is I'm my own celebrity!

I rode them in from behind and got a couple of looks like this:

20100310_074724_capture7.jpg

What a grumpy' date=' rich SOB... He probably just realised that he could have got close without paying the $$ like you did...
[/quote']

Actually, this is Simon - the winner of the Discovery competition.

I think the dude at the back was so grumpy because the pace was so slow and he was still dropping off the back.

He paid R175k and couldn't keep up.  LOLWink

Nope he never paid a cent... he was the winner of the Discovery competition.

And for the next 5 years you will see that kit in everything from club rides to Boschendal NG kerk pret trap and the owners will make sure they will tell you how they cycled with LA.

And for the next 5 years you will see that kit in everything from club rides to Boschendal NG kerk pret trap and the owners will make sure they will tell you how they cycled with LA.

Surely there is no harm in that mampara

Surely there is no harm in that mampara

no there's not. It's just as irritating/laughable like the people that still have their photo stickers on their helmet 10 months after the Argus.

Respect to Lance for putting himself out to raise money and ride with a few wealthy guys. I'm just jealous!!!

Lance is a living legend!

175 K ! Who does the guy think he is, Lance Armstrong? hahaha

Reminds me of the time Roger Wityker some crazy old guy from the PPA would'nt allow Willie Engelbrecht to ride in the A pack,  (1996) he even mumbled, who does the guy think he is , Willie Engerbrecht .... haha