Zula *** First Ride on Bikeradar ***

Iwan Kemp

Sounds like it rides a lot like my trusty Raleigh RDS...:-) The simple beauty of a mono pivot  - who needs all those crazy links, brains and other nonsense, really?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what wheels those are? They don?t say in the review. They look awesome!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

LOOKS WIERD BUT ALL WHO OWN SAY MAGIC. GUESS THE ANSWER IS TRY BEFORE BUY. I PERSONALY THINK IT LOOKS **** BUT ITS NOT ABOUT THE LOOKS

What they omit from the review is the cabling is a night mare. Mine comes out whenever it gets washed and sometimes on a ride. I know there is a quick fix of cable ties or filing down the hole.

Also the clearance is not that great when you put a slap sock on. Compared to a shova it is much harder to clean.

Still love my bike though.

Depends where you based but you looking at about the 15500 - 16500 mark. Rush sports is worth a start to look.

At Sani, all the spesh guys got special treatment form the spesh tent. The morewood tent was busy doing other bikes and would give my bike special treament for a not so special fee. Make sure you get it from LBS so any after market claims etc becomes their problem.

Any idea's on where to get a Zulu frame at a good Price?

Tess @ Circle Cycles Fish Hoek CT 021 7826030

What they omit from the review is the cabling is a night mare. Mine comes out whenever it gets washed and sometimes on a ride. I know there is a quick fix of cable ties or filing down the hole.Also the clearance is not that great when you put a slap sock on. Compared to a shova it is much harder to clean.Still love my bike though.

I have only had mine for a few weeks now, and have also noticed that the ground clearance at times can be abit on the low side.

As this is my first dual sus, im not sure if this is a zula problem, or generally a dual sus problem?

Also as far as the cabling goes, I just used a few cable ties and made it look alot neater. Those cable guides seem to work pretty well.

Like you said though, I love my bike!!!!!!!Zula2010-04-30 01:52:43

I was refering to the tire clearance. Its my firsy duallie as well and it takes some getting used to. Its a couch and you dont feel the ground/stones/little bumps like you do on a hardtail. Perfect bike for stage races and 100 miler. I have also not followed the norm and use Shimano instead of SRAM products.

Keith has a really nice one that proudly shows off in his shop. He ordered his unpainted, buffed the frame and then got some personalised decal. Finished it off with a good coat of lacquer.

Damn its schweet ... stopped going by his shop each Saturday as it was breaking my heart to desire what I could not have.