Did Vino get some help

HANSIE SLIM

Looks like this is something that could tarnish cycling even more, i would really like to believe that Vino made a brilliant comeback yesterday, but come on who are we kidding! There is no way, on earth someone could be broken one day, and win the following stage the next.......hope i'm wrong as we wait in antisipation for the stories to hit the papers......

And thirdly' date=' and I hope I am right, no one but no one is stupid enough to dope / drug to win a stage in spectacular style after blowing the day before, anyone will know that they will be looked at with circumspection.
[/quote']

ever heard of floyd landis?

Yea my point exactly, who would be stupid enough to try that stunt after the FL affair

? and how ridiculous is this? from the www.independentonline.co.uk

The head of cycling's world governing body said yesterday that it would be bad for the image of the sport if the leader Michael Rasmussen goes on to win the Tour de France.
"With all this speculation around him it would be better if somebody else were to win," International Cycling Union president Pat McQuaid said. "The last thing this sport needs is more speculation about doping." McQuaid added, however, that the Danish rider has "broken no rules, so from that point of view ... you have to give him the benefit of the doubt."

We knew before the tour that a lot of trust has gone from the sport so this thread is just reflecting that.

To enjoy TDF you have to suspend disbelief and that's fine, maybe later you'll be proved right or wrong - but you can't enjoy it whilst doubting.  This practice is v common and applies to:

Horse racing

Boxing

Cricket ODIs

Find the Lady

Cinema

Wrestlemania

Dope or no dope the efforts we're seeing are heroic.

Be interested to know how doping works - whether you have to build it over time or if there's a magic bullet or both.

Looks like this is something that could tarnish cycling even more' date=' i would really like to believe that Vino made a brilliant comeback yesterday, but come on who are we kidding! There is no way, on earth someone could be broken one day, and win the following stage the next.......hope i'm wrong as we wait in antisipation for the stories to hit the papers...... [/quote']

I disagree - not every one is that stupid - I hope U wrong too -

"DTsmiley4.gif"

To enjoy TDF you have to suspend disbelief and that's fine' date=' maybe later you'll be proved right or wrong - but you can't enjoy it whilst doubting.   

[/quote']

nicely putClap

I think that Vino is definitely on something !

You have to remember that he's 33 and is probably (no strike that definitely) trying to retain a position on a top team for next year.

He has to make a good name for himself - or else he'd just be remembered as a washed up INJURED has-been !

A stage win or 2 keeps him on the radar ! - I would do it @ any cost if I were him...

Lets see:

Win TT (very worn out)

Race next stage. Realise that you are blown. Fall back take it easy - recover.

Win the next stage.

Possible?KonaFan2007-07-24 02:30:47

Lets see:

Win TT (very worn out)
Race next stage. Realise that you are blown. Fall back take it easy - recover.
Win the next stage.

Possible?

Thanks.. All these dope conspiracy theorists make me sick...

Here's the thing. Before they got so heavy on doping at the Tour, you'd see riders perform remarkably for days in succession - TTs, mountain stages whatever. Now ? and I'm hoping this is because of the sigificantly increased consequences if bust for doping ? you see riders perform well on one day, but be stuffed the next (2007 Giro d'Italia was similar).

Vino had a great TT but was flat the following day. Yesterday his recovery was more complete so he was back on form again. In my view, that's more in line with how humans should really react to such extreme physical, emotional and mental stress.

Makes the racing far more interesting and gives us all a bit of hope that the sport really is being cleaned up (although it would be naive to think it's not still tainted by some dopers).

i think and hope vino's clean,theres too much at stake for him to dope,if he gets caught then he will be out till he's 35,which is a tad over the hill but i suppose there are still a couple of over 35's in the tour and he would also have to pay a years worth of salary to the anti-doping guys...

I think that Vino is definitely on something !

You have to remember that he's 33 and is probably (no strike that definitely) trying to retain a position on a top team for next year.

He has to make a good name for himself - or else he'd just be remembered as a washed up INJURED has-been !

A stage win or 2 keeps him on the radar ! - I would do it @ any cost if I were him...

I think he can retire from cycling and he will be given a management position at Astana which has plenty of backing in his homecountry, where he has god-status.

He is the one rider in the Tour who doesn't need to perform to try and keep/get a ride next year.

Here's the thing. Before they got so heavy on doping at the Tour' date=' you'd see riders perform remarkably for days in succession - TTs, mountain stages whatever. Now ? and I'm hoping this is because of the sigificantly increased consequences if bust for doping ? you see riders perform well on one day, but be stuffed the next (2007 Giro d'Italia was similar).

Vino had a great TT but was flat the following day. Yesterday his recovery was more complete so he was back on form again. In my view, that's more in line with how humans should really react to such extreme physical, emotional and mental stress.

Makes the racing far more interesting and gives us all a bit of hope that the sport really is being cleaned up (although it would be naive to think it's not still tainted by some dopers).

[/quote']

AND A QUOTE FROM THE BICYCLIG MAGAZINE JULY 2007 P91:

"THE TEAMS

ASTANA

...this assuming that another soigneur from their past doesn't publish a damning book or stumble accross a  fridge full of dog's blood. Astana must also be the most watched team by WADA after their ex-team owner was found leavig a dope shop with a wad of Euros."

Seems like the old soigneur joined the lab...

My-o-my, how deceiving can looks be... how gullible we are...Angry
fourbar2007-07-25 03:23:56

Here's the thing. Before they got so heavy on doping at the Tour' date=' you'd see riders perform remarkably for days in succession - TTs, mountain stages whatever. Now ? and I'm hoping this is because of the sigificantly increased consequences if bust for doping ? you see riders perform well on one day, but be stuffed the next (2007 Giro d'Italia was similar).

[/quote']

AND A QUOTE FROM THE BICYCLIG MAGAZINE JULY 2007 P91:

"THE TEAMS

ASTANA

...this assuming that another soigneur from their past doesn't publish a damning book or stumble accross a  fridge full of dog's blood. Astana must also be the most watched team by WADA after their ex-team owner was found leavig a dope shop with a wad of Euros."

Seems like the old soigneur joined the lab...

My-o-my, how deceiving can looks be... how gullible we are...Angry

Vino protested. Is it a case of him protesting one time too many or too hard???Shocked