Vino fails test!!!!

Pantani

Guest colonel

I like Vino regardless of being bust he is the real deal on a bike and hauls the mail, the playing field is all level there with the riders, 98% dope and he just rode harder on the TT and the stage. colonel2007-07-24 14:36:45

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Millar is a Censored hypocrite' date=' cheats like him are given a feeble 2 year (or less if you really use the system well) ban and are then welcomed back into sport with open arms, and now he?s complaining, LOL ....

[/quote']Maybe a bit harsh? Sure he cheated and served his ban but everything that he has done since would seem to suggest that he is serious about it? He even took a shot at Rasmussen a couple of days back.

Ok so he's just a hypocrite then Confused 

Thats half the problem he has nothing to fear, 2 years ago he was the villian and now everyone feels sorry for him - so if Vino, Basso, Ullrich ect... get a 2 year ban should they be welcomed back?
If they were caught before the charter thingy, admit what they did and take a public "no doping" stance then yes. I think that last years tour was the line in the sand. I also think that the way Rijs was treated was counter-productive

Colonel you say all of them use sh*t. I believe that. What about the pro team you support locally? You also include them?

Before a person gets a licence in SA he/she must pass a simple lie detector test. Finish.

Sponsors like Astana must now criminally prosecute Vino, let him go to jail. This is like white collar crime. What will we call it, "yellow jersey crime"

Question

Just out of curiosity, can someone please tell me when the last Frenchman was accused of doping? Confused

Most might say thats why they don't really feature.. but i still want to know!!

Frenchmen are accused of doping periodically.  The obvious one is Virenque.  Also Jalabert featured in a court case not so long ago.  Seem to remember ex World's winner Laurent Brochard also having some brush with investigators.  I imagine their names come up less often because they dope less, which is partly why French cyclists have struggled to keep the pace.  It seems unlikely that despite a large pool of riders and a number of talented youngsters that the French would got from dominating the Tour in the 80s to not featuring in the 90s.  It simply doesn't make sense.

The UCI should have amnesty for all riders ;after which any one tested Pos.banned for life;but Equipe and the French LAB would not like that ---they have made millions of $ out of releasing Vinos(and Landis) results before the specified time and what kind of protocol is that --it stinks.NNF

The good thing out of this is that the organisers are clamping down on the bad guys.  Let's not think about who is next.  Let's concern ourselves with the current situation - he is guilty, faces a 2 year ban and now all sponsors are up in arms.  These guys need to be banned for life...they have brought the sport into disrepute, embarrased their teammates, team and country and should be completely erased. 

They only way cyclists will stop their shyte is if the source/s are found and nailed.  Or else it will be a continous battle to eliminate doping. 

2 year ban is not good enough. it should be life and thats it!!!

i think they should impose a system where by one of two things happens:

1. if a rider is found guilty, his whole team is docted points and they loose all there money and pay or even ban the whole team for a year.

2. during that race or tour, stop it and pull it. that way everyone looses out.

cause i think peer pressure of 150 other riders all being pee'd off with you or your whole team feeling the same in case 1. you would think twice bout doing it.

personally i think situation1 would work well.

Situation 2 would never work there is way to much invested into these tours by not only the riders (whom i'm sure the riders couldn't care about), you can't just pull the race!

I say we just let them race... if they kill themselves ODing then thats there problem

At this rate the maties could get a wild card entry into the TDF next year' date=' as well as team TCS

u guys ready?
Better start training.

[/quote']

Revue Cycling Club has implemented a strict training programme and have sent a Pro team application to the UCI. It is high time a Nigerian team takes part in the TdF. Just think TWO African Teams!!!!!!!!

We urgently need a coach..... preferrably one that is drawn by four horses!!!!!!!

yeah i know sponsors would not view situation 2 very lightly. but letting them race with drugs just tells the youth its ok to do the same.

already youth sports, especially at school level are out of hand. i know of plenty guys between the age of 15-18 that are either on roids or creatine but in a big way. most of them don't have the body type for it. causing major complications in latter life.

Guest colonel
Colonel you say all of them use sh*t. I believe that. What about the pro team you support locally? You also include them?

Before a person gets a licence in SA he/she must pass a simple lie detector test. Finish.

Sponsors like Astana must now criminally prosecute Vino' date=' let him go to jail. This is like white collar crime. What will we call it, "yellow jersey crime"
[/quote']

Yes I do cause I was shouting for Vino and Kloden in this years tour so once again yes I do believe they dope. Regardless of the fact how can you expect someone to as Chunky said run the comrades everyday on water and bread?

Maybe the UCI and ASO should maybe stop eating pies and doughnuts when they plan these routes and make them shorter or with more rest days to recover and that will help curb the problem and make it more real. Maybe that is the strarting point to th eproblem and its not just the Drs and the riders???

Im tired after training for 21 days never mind racing doubl the training distance.

Guest colonel
Kinda knew he was guilty. cause of the way he rode.

No offence but that is lame then Solero on TBW is also on juice with the way he is riding up the mountains.