Vino fails test!!!!

Pantani

Sad thing is, even with the drugs, these guys are still truly great athletes. Its a f%%$% up sport where you know you're a gifted athlete, and you also know you don't stand a chance if you dont dope. People can say what they want but i trully believe that this is the case.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CSA dont give a sh*t...

All they care about is your license fees.

Dont hold your breath.

But what can be done about this? Fire the whole lot and appoint Crux (or other REAL cyclists)as the main peanut and other peanuts?

The tour will never see another clean winner ever' date=' not to say that anyone in the last 20 years was clean either.
[/quote']

Except LA *stir.stir*

Mr. Vino in my opinion should be a example- He should be banned from all cycling, or anything to do with cycling for life. He should experience the "Dark side of the Force" . He should not even be allowed to cycle on a social basis- TWIT!!!

Vincent2007-07-24 13:40:24

Nope' date=' they all signed the contract. They should go after him with everything they have. Otherwise where does it end? Draw the line! Next I'll start believing that guys that I race against at a local league level are taking stuff.
[/quote']

The way some of them climb redhill/helshoogte/etc i wouldnt be surprised.. Tongue

OMG! L'equipe will be dancing on his grave tomorrow..very sad......

Irishj92007-07-24 13:46:41

1. Could guys who rode super well in the past, but seem to be off this year actully be clean? Im thinking of Voight, Hincapie, Millar, Valverde.

2. Vino took dope to ride a super TT, what happened the next day? Did the give him the wrong bottle, or was his body rejecting the dope?

He did not take dope he had a blood transfusion containing some one elses stored blood;how can he have a transfusion night before TT ?he must have had it before tour started so how come he never tested pos. in other stages? how come E,quipe(french newspaper) released info betore UCI? NNF

On average the speed of the tour is down compared to previous years. Fatigue is much more evident in riders this year, seemingly more than previous years. Fatigue leads to crashes, which also seem to be more evident. The only inference I can make, and this is based on observations as stated, I recon many have possibly used something in the past, but have not used in this Tour. You opinion? Vincent2007-07-24 13:49:45

1. Could guys who rode super well in the past' date=' but seem to be off this year actully be clean? Im thinking of Voight, Hincapie, Millar, Valverde.

[/quote'] Looks like that could be right. Maybe the Sinkewitz & Vino thing may just have a positive outcome.

Imagine if those who really didn't (ever the sucker Confused ) dope got to Paris and thought "WTF ..." At least they may have some inclination that it can be cleaned up?

Read David Millers response

http://www.velonews.com/tour2007/details/articles/12910.0.html

David

Millar was the first rider to react to the news: "Jesus Christ - there

you go, that's my quote," he blurted out. "What timing, huh? This is

just f**king great."

Addressing

Irish sportswriter Paul Kimmage, a former cyclist who exposed doping in

pro cycling his 1990 book "Rough Ride" and made waves this year when he

challenged Vinokourov for working with notorious trainer Michele

Ferrari at Astana's pre-race press conference, Millar said, "Well there

you go, Paul."

"I

wanted to believe it was a really good day [for Vinokourov]. It makes

me very sad. Vino is one of my favorite riders. He's one of the most

beautiful riders in the peloton. If a guy of his stature and class has

done that, we all might as well pack our bags and go home right now."

Millar

later backpedaled on that statement, saying, "The Tour de France should

go on. If it stops, I would have to retire tomorrow."

"The

irony here is that I was hoping to make an announcement today about my

future plans," Millar said, likely referring to rumors that next year

he will ride for Slipstream Sports, the strict anti-doping squad run by

Jonathan Vaughters.

"I have some projects in the works. I am hoping to work with young riders, to show them that you don't have to dope to succeed."

Millar

broke down into tears when he was asked by British journalist Jeremy

Whittle if he was all right, saying, "I just feel like crying right

now."Windbreaker2007-07-24 13:54:45

Millar is a Censored hypocrite, cheats like him are given a feeble 2 year (or less if you really use the system well) ban and are then welcomed back into sport with open arms, and now he?s complaining, LOL ....

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Also, CSC's GC guys, Sastre & Schleck seem to be a step behind, too.

The French labs must be working overtime looking for something in Rasmusen's samples brfore the Tour ends, can the sport afford another Landis?

Millar is a Censored hypocrite' date=' cheats like him are given a feeble 2 year (or less if you really use the system well) ban and are then welcomed back into sport with open arms, and now he?s complaining, LOL ....

[/quote']Maybe a bit harsh? Sure he cheated and served his ban but everything that he has done since would seem to suggest that he is serious about it? He even took a shot at Rasmussen a couple of days back.

Windbreaker' date=' I dont want to get into a debate about what RH does. If he hasnt been caught he obviously doesnt take anything. End of Discussion.[/quote']Well then you need to be a bit more circumspect about making sweeping, all-inclusive statements. Chunky, you can't have it both ways. You either come out with everything or you shut up! Your choice.

Ill shut up Wink
And that is more than half the problem. If you gave half a toss about the sport, considering you experience already, then you need to consider why it is that you don't contribute in a positive manner. Unless of course, you also stand to lose personally/financially.

oh go fart somewhere else - you boring

Guest colonel

Well soon by I say the next 2 years there wont be any more doping with EPO etc etc they will all be dong genetic doping, which will come into place I rekon by the Beijing Olympics. Its being tested now and there is no trace or test for it so all the doping worries will be over.

Top Athletes ALL dope from Chess to Ten-pin bowling its a fact and nothing will stop people wanting to dope in sport and get ahead and make a living for their 10year window. Its reality unfotunately.

Millar is a Censored hypocrite' date=' cheats like him are given a feeble 2 year (or less if you really use the system well) ban and are then welcomed back into sport with open arms, and now he?s complaining, LOL ....

[/quote']Maybe a bit harsh? Sure he cheated and served his ban but everything that he has done since would seem to suggest that he is serious about it? He even took a shot at Rasmussen a couple of days back.

Ok so he's just a hypocrite then Confused 

Thats half the problem he has nothing to fear, 2 years ago he was the villian and now everyone feels sorry for him - so if Vino, Basso, Ullrich ect... get a 2 year ban should they be welcomed back?