Degreaser

Gregzilla

Here's my cleaning equipment.

20100531_053827_Bike_Washsm.jpg  

So when do you use the wine? Before' date=' during or after Wink

[/quote']

the bottle is open. So clearly it doesnt matter if it was before during or after - but when are you getting a new one.

Yang - how do you dispose of your paraffin polluted water ?ShockedOuchWinkBig%20smile

True Hubber style, he even uses the lappie to google when in doubt ... my neightbours always think its funny when I service my bike/car and have my lappie next to me Tongue

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi can you use enjin cleaner like prepsol on your bike??

So many threads on Prepsol - still want to get one of those 25l cans LOL LOL LOL ... but to answer your question, Prepsol seems to get a lot of nods out there.

What is the best degreaser for your chain? is it ok to use something like clean green or must I get bicycle specific cleaner to protect my parts?

if you buying degreaser make sure its water based and NOT oil based

prepsol is the bomb.

but petrol.....Angry' date=' how do you dispose of it ?

[/quote']

You use it to teach your cat how to bark like a dog ... soak it in petrol overnight, then light it with a match and watch it go WOOOOFFFF !!!! LOL LOL LOL

See thats why I like the hub so much Mr Min who would have thought, what an inventive bunch we cyclists areBig%20smile

Petrol and Prepsol?

Paraffin?

Diesel?

C'mon guys, most of you are boycotting BP right now for stuffing up an entire ocean. Yet, each one of you are slowly but surely poisoning the sytem with hyrdocarbons that, no matter how carefully your phrase it, are polluting your gardens, driveways and ultimatately our water.

Each time I do a class I ask the guys what they use and the answers always shock me. Many people claim their "bury" their paraffin....I doubt it, they sommer pour it out somewhere.

Stop it.

Get soapy degreaser and be done with the lethal stuff.

BTW, the best degreaser in the world is Prepsol. Lets fight over that statement.

That Prepsol is expensive, I think I paid about R100 for 5 liters. I just use Handy Andy, stuff under the kitchen sink next to the sunlight liquid, sorted smiley20.gif

That Prepsol is expensive' date=' I think I paid about R100 for 5 liters. I just use Handy Andy, stuff under the kitchen sink next to the sunlight liquid, sorted smiley20.gif [/quote']

Prepsol all the way! I use it to clean almost everything and since my wife discovered it as well, she is constantly raiding my supply.

I also paid about R100 for 5 liters about 3-4 years ago, but do the following calculations:

R100/3.5(years)=R28.57 per year.

R28.57/12(months)=R2.38 per month.

R2.38/30.42(avg days per month)=R0.08 per day!

I think surely you can afford that? That is less what it costs for an entry to a local race, which is over and done with in 3-4 hours.

R100 for 5 liters is quite expensive. I buy it in 220l drums and it works out at R250 for 25 liters. But the effort and schlepp of decanting is another story.