How much have u spent on the Hub?

DMC007

I dont know if this thread has been covered already...anyway here goes!!From what I can see a lot of 'wheeling & dealing' takes place on the Hub. How much money have you SPENT on the Hub? R10 000?? I have only bought a few items and completely satisfied how the deal went thru. At no stage did the seller request that I do the transfer first. Will you?? Personally I will transfer if the seller request..max amount of R3000 (nothing more tho).

I am passionate (in fact, my whole family) about my cycling and trust that more than 70% of Hubbers are aswell. Having said that, will you cheat another cyclist/Hubber?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'v done about 10 transactions.. not one hickup, infact dealt with awsome guys. including selling a R13500 bike.

I must say, i was comfortable with the guys i bought and sold to, as they had high post counts, and i was familiar with their "names"..

i have spent a bit!

however  a number i would never post cos i would rather not have to declare to my wife the truth of my adiction????

i think taking crack daily would be cheaper..........

R13-14K, Cervelo TT and a Campag casette,theres something else as well, BUT ALL  sales went very well. First checked around for a real name, and then in race results ... made sure the persons was actually racing/riding regularly, often on the hub or new, checked how many posts, how long on the hub...

I hear what you saying about the post counts!! But dont let that fool us. I make it a point to remember names (avatar's) and what they say.

You alway need to be carefull especially with big amounts. i`m starting out with small things before I buy a complete bike. If you buy big and you are not able to view it personally I recon the best is have the seller take it to an established LBS, call them on their land line and establish that it is the correct goods.

Always get as much detail as possible - no one is scam proof but you can limit the unknow`s

I built my Bianchi road bike up from the hub, cost me 15k, got a quote to replace it for insurance at 50k, it pays to be a hubber. udxcob2010-06-04 09:24:01

Got scammed by a previous hubber with a high-ish post count. Lost R2500. Other deals have gone through no problem.

I lost track a long time ago.

Bought and sold a lot over the last 3 years and in total i guess it's over the R40k mark.

Thanks for all the commentsThumbs%20Up. Is there anyone that has actually sold a R27 000+ bike on the Hub?