How much have u spent on the Hub?

DMC007

Hey Guys.

Great thread.

What would be very useful in the buy and sell process is if we could have a self regulated rating system where buyers and sellers rate each other on the transaction, like on ebay.

It would also help newcommers to the HUB like me.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a more serious note - as you can see I am a recent member of the HUB and have been raving about it to my friends.

Some have raised concern that this forum may be used to move stolen items.

Has there been any evidence of this? Is there anyway to be sure thats not the case?

Hey Guys.

Great thread.

What would be very useful in the buy and sell process is if we could have a self regulated rating system where buyers and sellers rate each other on the transaction' date=' like on ebay.

It would also help newcommers to the HUB like me.

[/quote']

Thumbs%20Up

20100606_143129_20052777.gif
DMC0072010-06-06 14:31:39

with my purchase last week have bought for more than 80k since joining and sold to many great hubbers!!!!

to date i havent had one deal go sour, had a few promises that havent materialised but in all a great forum to "fix" a bad habbit........

to those that i have had dealings with many thanks..........Clap

Bought:

Giant Anthem Advanced  (EFT ex Cape Town)

Cervelo P2 SL                  (EFT ex Cape Town)

Mavic Cosmic Carbones   (EFT ex Jhb)

Ultegra Build kit incl Ksyriums (face to face)

XTR chainrings                        (Face to Face)

Sold:

Cervelo P2SL                 (EFT)

Giant TCR comp              (Face 2 face)

Cosmic Carbones

Spent the upside of a lot, but happy with all except 1 item that had a couple more scratches than I had expected, did not see photo's first, so my fault.

I lost count of what i spent on the hub - waaaaayyyy too much though

could probably be R 50 k in last 18 months.

Have sold a few items too.

That must be the Hub record!! Thumbs%20Up Sorry Joey.

Not by a long shot..........................

Ive only had good dealings through the hub.

Probably about 10K if I had to guess (selling and buying)

Chances are if something looks suspect then it probably is.

Dont try to buy 3 R5 coins for 4K..... smiley2.gif

(That was a actual post last week!)

That is not going to end well smiley10.gif

I have bought bikes from Racer and Ronelle, and hopefully a frame from Brighter Lights tomorrow.

Most of my internet bill is spent on the hub. i check it out everyday, 4 - 5 times a day.

I've spent about 10K buying. But have't sold or advertised anything for sale yet.

I met  a hubber,  to view a bike i wanted to buy for my wife, when i asked him if he could hold on to it so i can pay him later, he sent the bike home with me and told me to pay him later.( i payed him the next day)
BeegMig2010-06-07 08:28:02

Got scammed by a previous hubber with a high-ish post count. Lost R2500. Other deals have gone through no problem.

I don't know, but my opinion is to "name and shame". For all we know, he's done it to few other people who haven't mentioned anything. That doesn't mean to accuse unjustly, but that Hubber can always defend himself and justify why your purchase never arrived, or get off the Hub and go cause mischief (at the risk of sounding like a politician) elsewhere.

This guy is no longer on the Hub. He moved to the UK as far as I know so pointless naming him now.

Got scammed by a previous hubber with a high-ish post count. Lost R2500. Other deals have gone through no problem.

I don't know' date=' but my opinion is to "name and shame". For all we know, he's done it to few other people who haven't mentioned anything. That doesn't mean to accuse unjustly, but that Hubber can always defend himself and justify why your purchase never arrived, or get off the Hub and go cause mischief (at the risk of sounding like a politician) elsewhere.
[/quote']

If certain Hubbers are not doing justice to their sale then YES, 'Name & Shame'. Why let them continue and create more 'Shirt'

But from the looks of it....we all pretty much happy.

R 10 000.00 and all went well - but you need to make sure and cover your back - rather save than sorry smiley1.gif

R13-14K' date=' Cervelo TT and a Campag casette,theres something else as well, BUT ALL  sales went very well. First checked around for a real name, and then in race results ... made sure the persons was actually racing/riding regularly, often on the hub or new, checked how many posts, how long on the hub...

[/quote']

Great point Cervelo - knowing that you are dealing with a real cyclist means that they are more likely to be "real Hub community" members

But hold on... what about new okes like meBig%20smile i dont have many posts and rather new to mtbing and all the equip that goes with it, but would never rob a fellow hubber or anybody for that matter.. Iv already spent a good R22k over here, R20k in one transaction on my new baby(which was from a rookie with only 15 or so posts) but ya chatted about it emailed, saw photos and was happy and all ended well!

But hold on... what about new okes like?me

I've blindly bought a fork from a guy from Knysna with only a hand full of posts. When I got the product is was not not in the condition as he described. It bas 10X better and afterwards I almost felt bad for actually negotiating a better price. And he went out of his way to get it to me. Sometimes you just have to trust your gut.