Mayo positive for EPO...

Pieter Henning

I see another rider has tested positive - Spanish climber Iban Mayo from Saunier Duval-Prodir. Cry Phen2007-07-30 15:34:13

Robert Millars teammate.... Why are they catching ridersall of a sudden now? Are the controls improving? I dont think this is the first time he uses something.

Whats the difference between a cyclist that dopes and a cyclist that doesn't?

The one that doesn't dope just hasn't been caught yet.

What is the big deal? There is fun riders in Pretoors Dorp that will poistive for more than EPO.

That's cos the other guys were on more or stronger EPO than him. The better your team, the better your gear!!!!! duh!!!

Astonishing.!

From been touted by all as the "cleanist tour in history" to been proven as one of the "most doped tours in history".

I also dont go with this nonsense "the controls are working - we are catching them" - this is just a smoke screen to make us feel all fuzzy and good. 

In my opinion its the number game - they are catching more - because more are doping.!

Contador, in my opinion is doping (never mind his links to operation puerto for the moment):

1. He is a rookie/ very young.. immense physical and mental pressure but he wins the tour - impressive. Last time this was done was LA in 99 (EPO) and Ullrich in ? (naturally dopoing)

2. He can match the best climber in the world day after day... and the best climber in the world dopes...

3. Discovery are masters at 3 things: winning the TDF, completing the TDF with all 9 riders and never ever doping. But once riders leave they all become serial dope offenders.... maybe the 'controls' at discovery are just really good??

4. Contador can TT far too well (see point 2). The P+P might see it as the 'wearing yellow' factor. I think not.

Clean riders at the TDF:

I think valverde, after previous doping and puerto problems decided to go it 'clean'... how well did he do this year - nowhere.

Other dirty riders:

I hate to say I mistrust Levi but last time I saw somebody so dominant in a TT it was Vino (oops), Ullrich (double oops) LA (triple oops).

But Widget, the reason that I think the tour IS actually cleaner this year is that the guys that were fighting for a top 10 are now fighting to win the thing. So Thumbs%20Up for the Tour organisers who are doing their best in difficult times.

Same number of dopers as before.

Testing has got better, no doubt.

Tide has turned from sponsors perspective.

Team managers and doctors still complicit.

More expensive and experienced lawyers used to drag agencies into mud and to delay tactics.  (these lawyers are bottom feeders - PS I am a lawyer).

But, most interesting has been the role of journalists and blogs, especially in Euro and USA. Rasmussen got bust by journos - not scientists. Previously confidential information and leads can be anonymously shared and followed up on - you can see the full Puerto dossier online, you can read the statements/ transcript of Kevin Livingstone and his wife. You can read the cryptic but clear referenced comments of Zabriskie.

All of this means that the truth will come out (eg Basso) and Contador!

Testing has got better' date=' no doubt.

[/quote']

Stemcell technologies has also found an antibody to EPO called Anti-epo which neutralises the added EPO found in biological fluids.

Lets hope that they can speed up this research and maybe very soon we can have a tour where you have to have this injection to make sure that you are clean of any EPO doping.....how cool would that be..

Testing has got better' date=' no doubt.

[/quote']

Stemcell technologies has also found an antibody to EPO called Anti-epo which neutralises the added EPO found in biological fluids.

Lets hope that they can speed up this research and maybe very soon we can have a tour where you have to have this injection to make sure that you are clean of any EPO doping.....how cool would that be..

Brilliant, Tour riders get suspended for not taking EPO injection..