Fine Print or Ripped Off

The Saint

I agree. A pro-rata rate would only be fair!

I think that IS pro-rata.. My license was R240 for the year...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is only R75 - that is less than the entry of most races these days.

Pro rata would be R31.25 - I think it costs more to print your licence card, have it laminated, and post it back to you.

If you use one less Gu in the next 5 races, you would have paid for your licence.

Agree with Velouria....

And why would you want to get licencesed right at the end of the year. Do it like everyone else and get your licence at the start of the season. FFS..

Guest colonel
Big%20smile

I purposfully left my chips at home & raced for the fun of it - hey thats just me ...

When I get slow and get dropped all the time I will also leave mine at home.......

R75 for a lic is f**kall people, llok how much you spend on trying to keep your bike lighter than the next guy, if R75 is crippling you then you in the wrong sport and if you not into racing and worrying about your place and time then dont be negative about it and have nothing good to say cause it clearly has nothing to do with you and your coffee shop rides.  leave it to the people who are paying for it and wanting to race.
colonel2007-08-07 02:01:16

Principle not quantum mate!!!

"R75 may be f**kall" as you put it..... but count that across the Argus or 94.7 then it is "f**kall" no more!!! Then the song "Where has all the money gone, long time passing?" will no doubt be sung!! To prove my point I hereby swear to give the first hobo I see today R75 to prove its not the money but the inevitable shafting thats coming!!??

Guest colonel

Atleast you will do a good dead and help out a person less privlliged than yourself and you will atleast maybe then see that your R75 is going to a good cause unlike the CSA like you clearly state.

Ja look - I realise there is a principle behind all this...

Not wanting to be 'shafted' and the likes - and maybe, since I am relatively new to the sport, I've yet to appreciate CSA (or whichever cycling authority is involved) as the money-hoarding 'monster' it allegedly is... [based purely on some of the comments on this thread... Disapprove]

But I (and this is only my opinion) think that this licensing project is being implemented with a view to improving the sport for all cyclists - and unfortunately, things like that cost money...

I'm quite prepared to pay R75,00 for a license.

Hell, I'd even pay R300 for a license.

And you know why - because this means as a paying member of CSA, I then have the right to complain if something is not working - and if it is working - then I can bask in knowledge that my little annual contribution went a small way towards making that happen...

My 2 cents (or R75,00/R300,00) worth... Tongue 

Not wanting to be 'shafted' and the likes - and maybe' date=' since I am relatively new to the sport, I've yet to appreciate CSA (or whichever cycling authority is involved) as the money-hoarding 'monster' it allegedly is... [based purely on some of the comments on this thread... Disapprove]

But I (and this is only my opinion) think that this licensing project is being implemented with a view to improving the sport for all cyclists - and unfortunately, things like that cost money...

And you know why - because this means as a paying member of CSA, I then have the right to complain if something is not working - and if it is working - then I can bask in knowledge that my little annual contribution went a small way towards making that happen...

Can think of something I would like to SHAFT??????????LOLLOLLOLLOL

Not wanting to be 'shafted' and the likes - and maybe' date=' since I am relatively new to the sport, I've yet to appreciate CSA (or whichever cycling authority is involved) as the money-hoarding 'monster' it allegedly is... [based purely on some of the comments on this thread... Disapprove]

Uhm...

Am at a loss for words.

No, really. Embarrassed

My view is that that if we have to license so be it. If i have to join a club next year, it will be the cheapest one that does not require me to wear club kit, so Sammajoor Telkom looks like an option!

Uhm...

Am at a loss for words.

No, really. Embarrassed

How about a mine????Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

standard bank charges R350-00 and u get riding shorts and top - good quality -  as part of your membership.

sammajoor is doing the short route thursday, as he and backlash have to fix phones later in the dayLOL to subsidise telkom...

Smarter Better and cheaper @ StD Bank Club.

standard bank charges R350-00 and u get riding shorts and top - good quality -  as part of your membership.

sammajoor is doing the short route thursday' date=' as he and backlash have to fix phones later in the dayLOL to subsidise telkom...

Smarter Better and cheaper @ StD Bank Club.
[/quote']

Hey Georgie Boy kom drink 'n bier Donderdag, jy sal die Telkom gazebo oplet met die braaier.

Veilige kilos geniet die race