• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi all

I havent ordered parts from CRC for a long time, but want to do so shortly, so please excuse my ignorance..

I am ordering the following: Chainrings, bar tape, cassette and road tyres

Will i get charged just VAT on top of the listed price? or do I need to do some other calculation on top of that?

Also, I am thinking of avoiding the Post Office disaster by doing DHL express for R100 bucks more... would that be prudent?

Hi all

I havent ordered parts from CRC for a long time, but want to do so shortly, so please excuse my ignorance..

Will i get charged just VAT on top of the listed price? or do I need to do some other calculation on top of that?

Also, I am thinking of avoiding the Post Office disaster by doing DHL express for R100 bucks more... would that be prudent?

Extremely prudent. I ordered handlebars from CRC in October, they arrived today - not kidding.

Hi all

I, personally, will NOT order from CRC if I don't DHL the package. For +-R225 (package & forex dependent) you order Tuesday & it's at your door on Friday. DHL also charges a handling fee. Can't remember off-hand the cost thereof. They'll invoice you when package go through customs and you pay before its released for delivery. 

You get charged VAT at 110% of your purchase price, which is 15.4% (from 1 April 2018 that will be 16.5%). SARS also uses their exchange rate, but its not too far off.

I, personally, will NOT order from CRC if I don't DHL the package. For +-R225 (package & forex dependent) you order Tuesday & it's at your door on Friday. DHL also charges a handling fee. Can't remember off-hand the cost thereof. They'll invoice you when package go through customs and you pay before its released for delivery. 

You get charged VAT at 110% of your purchase price, which is 15.4% (from 1 April 2018 that will be 16.5%). SARS also uses their exchange rate, but its not too far off.

Thanks Patensie

Thats very helpful... the handling fee, I know you cant remember the exact amount... but was is it closer to R100 or R500 or R1000?

Has anyone brought in a cycle trailer, that could shed some light on import duties?  I'm looking at getting a Bob trailer or something similar, but can't figure out what the import duties would be

• 1 month later...

Has anyone brought in a cycle trailer, that could shed some light on import duties?  I'm looking at getting a Bob trailer or something similar, but can't figure out what the import duties would be

15.4%

I ordered from CRC on Friday, and it shows shipment with Skynet, not DHL. Tracking is non-existent, so I have no idea where the parcel is now.

But that’s next week’s problem as I’m going away for a 6 days. Will chase it up with them if I don’t hear anything.

Edit: shipment arrived today 3-Apr. Payment made and will get the shifters tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Frosty

I ordered from CRC on Friday, and it shows shipment with Skynet, not DHL. Tracking is non-existent, so I have no idea where the parcel is now.

But that’s next week’s problem as I’m going away for a 6 days. Will chase it up with them if I don’t hear anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the very same thing and it took 4 days for any tracking info updates, but they did eventually happen. Contacted CRC before the updates showed and they essentially asked me to be patient.

The down side is I found out today SkyNet's import handling fee is significantly higher than DHL at R350. My CRC invoice was not particularly massive (well at least I don't think so), so I suspect it's a flat rate.

Requests from SkyNet for an explanation of how the fee is calculated has so far fallen on deaf ears.

Is Duty on Helmets 25% or 44%? Whats the MOST I could expect to pay for this if I order it from CRC?

Did you ever find out the duty on helmets?

Hi All

What are import duties on indoor trainers , is it only VAT or is their an additional fee.

thanks