SO where is everyone now that were making claims like BigH

RedDevil

I just want to know why JFK was shot????? :unsure:

Yeah that Collonel guy do love Contador, a shame he left 'cause of a little fight over rolemodels.

I heard Lance is having another baby? 5th if I'm right. With whom is he having the baby? I think he smokes after sex :lol: :lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big H

I agree with this statement. The level of antagonism among some people is palpable.

My take on the whole tantrum thing that has reared its ugly head is that I do have opinions however misinformed they are. If you know better, educate me. If you cannot educate me, don't call me an idiot/fool/ etc. If I still do not agree with you, that does not mean I am stupid either; it means you have not convinced me yet.

Imagine if everyone had the same opinion - this is defined as BORING.

Lastly, why can you people not be reasonable and see things my way? ;)

AS you say above we cannot all have the same opinion, we differ. Tantrums when other people differ will happen. It has been the way of the Hub since we started and I have been here since we started. When people differ and emotional outbursts occur it is ok...... even when mudslinging happens it is OK (Nobody likes it and it is not good for anybody but it happens)

The problem start when malice creeps in...... thinly veiled as it may be there is a certain threshold where mudslinging turns to malice and that is the point when the fun stops. People who cannot contain or differentiate where that point is are not welcome and should not be here.

Unfortunately John Kurnell did not know where that point was.

Just to dwell back on the past. We had a truce and we made friends a long time ago. Many of you will remember the fights we had during those times. Admin removed many posts during that time and some warnings were sent. A very exeptional experience happened to him that was very exeotional for me and him, I think. What happened is private and I will not discuss it. All went well and I even to that extent did not post or criticize his posts. All went topsy turvy when I criticized him on www.cyclenation.co.za when he publishe dthe first of his vendettas agauins Armstrong that appeared in the Wall Street Journal about at the time of the Tour de Suisse. Well you all know what happened after that.

I apologize to those who I offended and will refrain from doing that again. I do not promise that I will not defend my standpoints..... that is an important issue to me.

well it is what it is ..... i just hope that the new opinions at least have some substance to them.

I think that's a valid point. All these ignorant opinions have chased away a lot of fantastic knowledgeable hubbers because they were tired of being drowned out by all the noisy know it alls

I apologize to those who I offended and will refrain from doing that again.

Are you not going to appologise again? :)

Just a little joke. I think an appology is always welcomed by the majority of people. You and I have not always agreed on things, but in this case we do. That is the second time that this has happened - people are going to think we like each other.

Better stop that now.....

AS you say above we cannot all have the same opinion, we differ. Tantrums when other people differ will happen. It has been the way of the Hub since we started and I have been here since we started. When people differ and emotional outbursts occur it is ok...... even when mudslinging happens it is OK (Nobody likes it and it is not good for anybody but it happens)

The problem start when malice creeps in...... thinly veiled as it may be there is a certain threshold where mudslinging turns to malice and that is the point when the fun stops. People who cannot contain or differentiate where that point is are not welcome and should not be here.

Unfortunately John did not know where that point was.

Just to dwell back on the past. We had a truce and we made friends a long time ago. Many of you will remember the fights we had during those times. Admin removed many posts during that time and some warnings were sent. A very exeptional experience happened to him that was very exeotional for me and him, I think. What happened is private and I will not discuss it. All went well and I even to that extent did not post or criticize his posts. All went topsy turvy when I criticized him on www.cyclenation.co.za when he publishe dthe first of his vendettas agauins Armstrong that appeared in the Wall Street Journal about at the time of the Tour de Suisse. Well you all know what happened after that.

I apologize to those who I offended and will refrain from doing that again. I do not promise that I will not defend my standpoints..... that is an important issue to me.

From the colonel:

tell him that his post is true to a point but he mustnt mention my name to make me look like the asshole and make himself out to be the victim now that I cant defend myself when in fact he is guilty as sin.

Please don't shoot the messenger

Guest Big H

From the colonel:

tell him that his post is true to a point but he mustnt mention my name to make me look like the asshole and make himself out to be the victim now that I cant defend myself when in fact he is guilty as sin.

I will not shoot you but if Kurnell decides to communicate through you, you must send him a bill. He can always come back as the "Kurnell" Reincarnation is good..... (only on the Hub and not in real life!!!!)

I have not been found guilty of anything. If the Kurnell wants to be the victim and the shoe fits he must wear it.

I think that's a valid point. All these ignorant opinions have chased away a lot of fantastic knowledgeable hubbers because they were tired of being drowned out by all the noisy know it alls

Too true FanD. The Hub has chosen to go light on moderation. That can be good and bad. One knock-on effect is that there is no differentiation between intelligent commentary from those that know, and the flat-handed typists who are here to get a bit of attention with their lame banter. On other forums moderation is more of a factor and numbnuts are not tolerated.

I'm not trying to put myself forward as some kind of expert, but I am here to learn about cycling. A lot of the posts I'm seeing lately have nothing useful to add.

Maybe one solution is to set the agenda for each thread and stick to it.

Guest Big H

If the world were ruled by flowers…

Hi Barry..... where are you hiding with your bottle of Castle in those flowers?????????

Unfortunately John Kurnell did not know where that point was.

Morning all. Did not realise that Colonel was a contributing journalist to the W.S.J. When did that happen?

Guest Big H

Morning all. Did not realise that Colonel was a contributing journalist to the W.S.J. When did that happen?

Dyslexics Have More Nuf.

Hi Barry..... where are you hiding with your bottle of Castle in those flowers?????????

I think I had too much and fell over :unsure:

From the colonel:

Shees..whats the use in deleting yourself if you are going to comment trough others?

Guest Big H

I think I had too much and fell over :unsure:

Please send me some of those Pizza plant seeds. Extra Mozzarella, no chilli, bacon and mushrooms. They are not genetically modified are they?????

Shees..whats the use in deleting yourself if you are going to comment trough others?

Have to agree - WDF?

I had a tiff with colonel last year then he posted bad comments on all my post after that.

Not trying to stir up anything but I am sure there are many that wont miss him.