Bar ends on riser bars...

Stretched@Birth

In my defence your honour, no one told me it was wrong. Rode like that for two almost two years until I sold my first bike. Here on the hub as a matter of fact. :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next thing....they'll precribe exactly WHAT type of barend you have to use!!

I'm with you dynamite dude!!

By the way....bar end are most effective in marathon type of races where you spend hours on the bike.

I thought they do that already lol,

i thought bar ends were for easy climbing ???? and for leaning against the wall ??? im now all confused ...i dont ride with bar ends anymore ..

as for the post regarding hands going numb ..try getting a longer bar and open up the chest

and it gives you better control ..680mm

**** you f^%$ers (for those of you keeping track, that word actually goes straight past the hub censors...)!!! Bar ends on riser bars!!! What a win!!! Do it, and the next mountain biker that tells you it's not cool, tell him hes a pretentious road rider, take out your back wheel and smack him with it. FFS! The whole point of MTB is "anything goes". Now the MTBers have fashion police? **** em. W@nkers.

Tell us how you really feel ... laugh.gif

if we not 'allowed' bar ends on riser bars, does it mean I have to remove my streamers from the bars also?

Rumour has it that you are so slow that you put the streamers on your bar ends so you can tell when you are moving.

I don't have a problem which bar and which bar-end you choose, as long as you are out there enjoying yourself, and promoting a healthy lifestyle by mtb riding. I ride flat bar with bar ends on my geared 29er and 685mm 0.5" riser without bar-ends on my ss 29er. And riser bars are not for trail bikes only, go take a look at Geoff Kabush, Carl Decker, Todd Wells, and Burry Stander(@fountains)-all using riser bars. Geoff Kabush is an excellent xc rider and he usesr 685mm riser bars. It all depends on what you are comfortable with.

We use them because it is comfortable

If we all about being comfi i hope you let he misses ride in the front oom, 'coz other than raised bars and ends, all the comfi seems to be at the front where the only shock is!

If we all about being comfi i hope you let he misses ride in the front oom, 'coz other than raised bars and ends, all the comfi seems to be at the front where the only shock is!

if you look closely you will see a Thudbuster seatpost for the stoker.

Rumour has it that you are so slow that you put the streamers on your bar ends so you can tell when you are moving.

not thats only half true.....its to see when im moving, if i still am moving and most important....if i am still moving in the right direction! :D

straight from a barend manufacturer,

10. Actual Positioning. Rider positioning is of course very relative to each individual's style, but still important to the context of our argument. Higher bars typically put you in a more upright position that is more back friendly, promotes better breathing, and lets you be better prepared for trail obstacles. A higher handlebar position is much better for very technical riding, too. If you're not trying technical trails we still love you but you're missing out on one of life's sweetest treats. This more upright position is most easily and affordably achieved through slapping a riser bar on your setup, and only requires you to buy a bar instead of a bar and stem. If you run a 150mm / -5 degree stem right now you've read way too far by now, and we're sorry to have offended you. Off to that training ride.

and thats just the last of his 10 good reasons to have risers.

If you really need to be that comfortable on a bike then I see tough time when you climb on a road bike.

Unless you buy a road bike that has a slightly more relaxed geometry like a Synapse or C2C.

Tell us how you really feel ... laugh.gif

Sorry, I was trying to restrain myself. I don't want to be muffed again...

If you really need to be that comfortable on a bike then I see tough time when you climb on a road bike.

LOL moegoe I have absolutly 0 desire to ever get on a road bike. Why would i waste my time and money riding on tarmac getting attacked by 2 ton vehicles.

Give me the birds, the flowers, cyling through forests through streams and next to rivers. Singletrack for miles and killer downhills. Let me jump and and rail that bern, get splashed with mud and get roasties to brag about. Give me the freedom of expression and a smile from ear to ear.

vs

tarmac, exhuast fumes, tarmac dodging cars tarmac, tarmac traffic jams, tarmac the smell of bergies and pee pollution, and dirty streets.

Not really a tough choice but thats just me matey.

Unless you buy a road bike that has a slightly more relaxed geometry like a Synapse or C2C.

And then what? Put a riser bar and bar ends on it? Dude, the road riders have even more fashion police on patrol than the mtbers...