Bar ends on riser bars...

Stretched@Birth

you can keep the streamers if you put a hardley dangerous logo on your bike somewhere!

And ride with a sleveless shirt...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am one of those people that only have a one bike fit all solution, I have ergon grips with short barends on them for multiple hand positions (my hands go too numb otherwise) and I have riser bars for comfort. If anyone on the hub doesnt like that, lol i couldnt be less bothered, my comfort exceeds your impression of what is "stylish"

I tried bar ends on risers - the geometry just didnt work with the swept back rake of the bars and the height, the risers were not comfortable to hold. In fact risers didnt work for me at all doing the average mtb ride, so back to flat bars with bars ends...

don't tempt me... the mood i'm in today my camera's timer function might just get used... the photo will haunt and torture you all for the rest of your lives.... a good number of kg overweight, currently zero tan, ancient (read pre-historic) idt (hope the meteore fits). i'd just have to fashion mud guards out of an old ice cream container!

Go on then! :)

ps i'd also have to find risers to put ont he mtb quickly - i replaced the ones that came with the bike with a flat bar

I treat my Mongoose Tyax Super as a road bike, cross country bike, trail bike, all mountain bike, whatever... all while wearing a sleeveless t-shirt, a moerse hydration pack, and sneakers with flat pedals... o ja and bar ends (soon with riser bars) and a home made old tube mudflap... that's how I roll :P

1 bike = everything. i'm not rich enough to live otherwise :D

Now i know why i only own a road bike, it's simple, take off everything and anything so that it's the lightest, stiffest thing around to RACE.

Weight 1st, Comfort 2nd! :D

Knowing my luck i'll have a MTB in a couple months! :unsure:

and what about mud flaps :D :D

mens kan nog 'n paar refelctors opsit en 'n lekka tru speeltjie ook! oja en fur op die seat... :0 :0

I don't like this rules thing in MTB, rules are for RD's only. only one MTB rule be kind to your fellow trial riders, help fix flats and greet

IMO

you can keep the streamers if you put a hardley dangerous logo on your bike somewhere!

got that tat on my guns!! you can see it when i fly low sleeveless

**** you f^%$ers (for those of you keeping track, that word actually goes straight past the hub censors...)!!! Bar ends on riser bars!!! What a win!!! Do it, and the next mountain biker that tells you it's not cool, tell him hes a pretentious road rider, take out your back wheel and smack him with it. FFS! The whole point of MTB is "anything goes". Now the MTBers have fashion police? **** em. W@nkers.

**** you f^%$ers (for those of you keeping track, that word actually goes straight past the hub censors...)!!! Bar ends on riser bars!!! What a win!!! Do it, and the next mountain biker that tells you it's not cool, tell him hes a pretentious road rider, take out your back wheel and smack him with it. FFS! The whole point of MTB is "anything goes". Now the MTBers have fashion police? **** em. W@nkers.

:D

Next thing....they'll precribe exactly WHAT type of barend you have to use!!

I'm with you dynamite dude!!

By the way....bar end are most effective in marathon type of races where you spend hours on the bike.

My bar ends (some of you that play raquet sports may also notice the 'grip' tape on my grips!)

These ends came off my first mountain bike, from many many moons ago, they work for me. And have done for 13 odd years.

post-12678-087633900 1280166007.jpg

post-12678-013675900 1280166019.jpg

post-12678-008515700 1280166032.jpg

Guest agteros

only when i go sleeveless :P

Baggies with knee warmers and sleeveless with arm warmers? B)