STRIKING KILLERS

FLYIT

Hopefully they can sort this out over the weekend before we lose millions more next week.

Hmmm, tend to think you have high hopes. I just read on news on another golden handshake. When you read the ridicilous salaries these lot get, and then golden handshakes... you tend to stand with the strikers who battle to get by with their salaries. And government doesn't wanna give increases because they're scared of getting a bit less. :angry: Can't blame the strikers for being angry. Violence, resutling deaths and vandalism, don't agree with that though, but if you're angry you're anrgy.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, tend to think you have high hopes. I just read on news on another golden handshake. When you read the ridicilous salaries these lot get, and then golden handshakes... you tend to stand with the strikers who battle to get by with their salaries. And government doesn't wanna give increases because they're scared of getting a bit less. :angry: Can't blame the strikers for being angry. Violence, resutling deaths and vandalism, don't agree with that though, but if you're angry you're anrgy.

I hear you, but I saw on TV some protester saying they must cut the government officials salary then they can afford to give us increases, saying Zuma earns millions (I think its about 2.2 million) so his cut can pay us.

This just shows how they simply dont understand economics, just the 1.6% gap they are demanding extra will cost government R5.6 billion rand, never mind the extra housing allowance, even if every minister never took a salary for the next 12 months it still wouldnt even save half of the shortfall.

Ministers salaries, (although I also think they are waaaay overpaid for the service they render) is just a drop in the bucket of overall cost of salaries to government.

However the myth is perpetuated by unions who should know better, by officials who have double agenda's, by people who have a reason to see disarray in the public service.

If strikes were peacefull, and there was no intimidation, I am pretty sure you would only see 1/3 of the people on the picket line.

.....but that wouldnt suit the unions who have personal agenda's, so we have violence, force, and intimidation tactics been used to make a point.

I hear you, but I saw on TV some protester saying they must cut the government officials salary then they can afford to give us increases, saying Zuma earns millions (I think its about 2.2 million) so his cut can pay us.

and then...the World Cup was held. Show that this country shouldn't have held it. But Mandela Baby Jesus brought it here, and nobody will say a f*(&*(& *(&(*&* *(&()*( WORD FFS! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Just got reminded.There is a public school in JhB, don't know which one. During the strike all the teachers were working. Why, because one of the union leaders' daughter goes to school there.

I just wonder how the "people" that is striking will react if they were injured and is unable to receive medical help.

IThis just shows how they simply dont understand economics, just the 1.6% gap they are demanding extra will cost government R5.6 billion rand, never mind the extra housing allowance, even if every minister never took a salary for the next 12 months it still wouldnt even save half of the shortfall.

Ministers salaries, (although I also think they are waaaay overpaid for the service they render) is just a drop in the bucket of overall cost of salaries to government.

I agree but for the average Joe Worker its a hard understand when someone who earns $$$ stands up and tells them that they cannot afford to pay them more. If the minister did not earn $$$ and flaunt it with flashy cars, business travel perks,unlimited expense acc etc it would be far more easier to relate when they say there is no money.

Do i think hard working public servant should be paid more - For sure.

Do i think most of our current public servants should be paid more - Nope.

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH,ON THE NEWS THIS MORNING "BABIES DIE FROM STARVATION IN HOSPITAL DUE TO STAFF STRIKING"

THESE "THINGS" NAMED SO BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT HUMAN SHOULD BE SHOT,UNIONS BANNED AND UNION LEADERS PUBLICLY EXECUTED.OUR COUNTRIES REP IS BAD ENOUGH.WE DONT NEED THIS TYPE OF ATTITUDE IF WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BUILDING A NATION.ALL I SEE IS THAT A LARGE PORTION OF OUR POPULATION IS INTENT ON DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY.

bollocks to all taxpayers who think they are not culpabile in a democracy with entrenched rights.

yes it sucks that babies suffer but we have atendency to forget the reality of state employees at the bottom end of the scale- they are forever touching their toes.

the minute they standup and tell us to stop screwing them we whine and moan like pathetic inept tossers. why is it a problem to pay peolple what they are worth.

we also forget that the reality of the people on the hub, HEY, MOST OF US HAVE GOOD JOBS , ACCESS TO PRIVATE SERVICES AND A CREDIT RATING WHICH WOULD EXPLAIN WHY WE RIDE BIKEES THE EQUIVALENT VALUE OF AN AVERAGE STATE EMPLYEE'S ANNUAL MSALARY- NOT TO MENTION PETROL TO RACES, ACCOMMODATION, SERVICING, SPARES, shall i continue or are you staring to realise what planet we actually live on

lets pay more tax, pay higher wages and charge corrupt pricks with high treason and then successfully prosecute them

just bare in mind that the working class needs to be a force against big business and govt...cos those two are always best buds

bollocks to all taxpayers who think they are not culpabile in a democracy with entrenched rights.

yes it sucks that babies suffer but we have atendency to forget the reality of state employees at the bottom end of the scale- they are forever touching their toes.

the minute they standup and tell us to stop screwing them we whine and moan like pathetic inept tossers. why is it a problem to pay peolple what they are worth.

we also forget that the reality of the people on the hub, HEY, MOST OF US HAVE GOOD JOBS , ACCESS TO PRIVATE SERVICES AND A CREDIT RATING WHICH WOULD EXPLAIN WHY WE RIDE BIKEES THE EQUIVALENT VALUE OF AN AVERAGE STATE EMPLYEE'S ANNUAL MSALARY- NOT TO MENTION PETROL TO RACES, ACCOMMODATION, SERVICING, SPARES, shall i continue or are you staring to realise what planet we actually live on

lets pay more tax, pay higher wages and charge corrupt pricks with high treason and then successfully prosecute them

just bare in mind that the working class needs to be a force against big business and govt...cos those two are always best buds

So why then do they vote the same scum into power??

bollocks to the 2.5 million taxpayers who think they are not culpabile in a democracy with entrenched rights.

the minute they standup and tell us to stop screwing them we whine and moan like pathetic inept tossers. why is it a problem to pay peolple what they are worth. Most of them are being paid what tey're worth

we also forget that the reality of the people on the hub, HEY, MOST OF US HAVE GOOD JOBS , ACCESS TO PRIVATE SERVICES AND A CREDIT RATING WHICH WOULD EXPLAIN WHY WE RIDE BIKEES THE EQUIVALENT VALUE OF AN AVERAGE STATE EMPLYEE'S ANNUAL MSALARY- NOT TO MENTION PETROL TO RACES, ACCOMMODATION, SERVICING, SPARES,(Which I work hard for) shall i continue or are you staring to realise what planet we actually live on

lets pay more tax, pay higher wages and charge corrupt pricks with high treason and then successfully prosecute them In what planetary system do you live?

So why then do they vote the same scum into power??

problem with democracy is the lowest common denominator

never said i was a fan

i also don't believe in human rights but rather human responsibilties... this changes the outcome of evry descion a person makes

Joe you sound like you have some cash to spare. But just in case you have not noticed there is no middle class left in South Africa, we all became poor when we were forced into subsidizing the poor to the extent that - well we are now seeking subsidy which is not forthcoming. So I 'll have to forego on that extra tax that you are suggesting because frankly I just can't afford it anymore.

problem with democracy is the lowest common denominator

never said i was a fan

i also don't believe in human rights but rather human responsibilties... this changes the outcome of evry descion a person makes

Agreed!! The other problem with democracy in SA is that there is eff all accountability or responsibility to go with it!!

They can have more of your tax money if you like! Why should I pay more? Are we going to get more in retun? Unlikely! I will say it over and over, if the state employees don't like it, find something else, we have all been in jobs that were rotten, and the odds are we all thought bugger this and moved on. And for most of us with nice bikes, cars, houses etc, I am sure plenty of blood, sweat and tears have paved the way for these luxuries! They didn't just appear one morning!

oi mate

having been a hawker, a teacher in alex, a bergie and strandloper, to having top management jobs and owning my own business, my planetry reference is reality... not pie in the sky lycra wearing roadkill

as for the tax payer no.s u quoted i won't dispute but ask any economist how to grow an economy in a neo liberal econmy with forced structural adjustment policies...

and they will all answer INCREASE YOUR TAX BASE

a little like rocket scienc when papeaters have no nutrition to grow brain power

have you ever experienced hunger , fear, cold, poverty

be honest

nobody should believe their own bullsh*t

They can have more of your tax money if you like! Why should I pay more? Are we going to get more in retun? Unlikely! I will say it over and over, if the state employees don't like it, find something else, we have all been in jobs that were rotten, and the odds are we all thought bugger this and moved on. And for most of us with nice bikes, cars, houses etc, I am sure plenty of blood, sweat and tears have paved the way for these luxuries! They didn't just appear one morning!

is more something like eveybody goes to work