STRIKING KILLERS

FLYIT

IT gets worse,i heard from a old contact of mine that Home affairs and Immigration staff at the international airports and harbours are going to join the strike from next week....that will be absolute madness.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IT gets worse,i heard from a old contact of mine that Home affairs and Immigration staff at the international airports and harbours are going to join the strike from next week....that will be absolute madness.

Oh dear, my wife is flying to visit family in France (Marseilles) on thursday.....I dont know, I really am despairing of the country.!

I think he was responding to the idiotic 'hahaha' comment from Sias, who chooses to interpret the death of babies as some kind of triumphant vindication of his point of view.

Yeah, probably right, after reading it again, I may have misinterpreted it......hope so.!

Someone mentioned in an earlier post that this is all about votes. If the 'guvment' ban/ charge/ fire these workers then they're going to lose votes. That's it.

Unfortunately this is as much a cultural issue as it is an economic one. Someone also mentioned above that it's an African problem and that's spot on. If anyone thinks that things will change then dream on. One just needs to look at 90% of Africa to see where we are going. It's going to take generations for this country to MAYBE see a difference because it's the same mullets voting the same idiots into power.

Most governments simply reflect the culture of their majority, simple as that. The ANC need the unions on their side and the unions know it.

We need to get used to all of this.

Sadly, as I have said before, it took Zim only 30 odd years to get where they are...will we beat that?

White or black, whatever, it's obvious this country needs strong ethical leadership. That is how we stop strikes like this and start to fix other social and cultural cockups.

How do we go about getting it? The whole country, white, black, rich, poor, educated and illiterate, needs to be made to understand that to move forward we need smart, accountable people in government.

I know from the education perspective millions have been wasted on implementing the Outcomes Based Education system, which has failed. That is a fact. Not only has it failed here but just about every first world country where it was trialled BEFORE our education ministry decided we could do better.

Pragmatic leadership could have averted this wastage and diverted funds towards facilities, teacher training and better salaries for those that deserve them.

SA is a strong country. With weak incidents. But that is all they are. Incidents. Performed by weak people with self centered ideologies.

Currently, my dad is in ICU at Groote Schuur and therefore is possibly at the mercy of strikers; I work for the Fire Dept and man we can always do with more money to pay the bills; So, I can empathize with both sides.

Whites seem to jump on the "Screw this I'm leaving! For Australia Mary! Cause you know they're going to eat us?!" bandwagon at the slightest provocation. (with thanks to Trevor Noah)

I try to not be one of those whites.

I just try to be a human being living in South Africa. Try it ya might like it.

Writing this entry from Zuid Afrikaanse Hospitaal in Pretoria, childrens ward. Daugther quite ill.

All I can say is excellent service guys well done!!!!

;) ;) ;)

Ps. Firewolf, I am proudly lilly white

I just try to be a human being living in South Africa. Try it ya might like it.

This isnt about white or black. This is about morons not allowing you to live out your rights and are not humans by their actions.

There are 2 major problems

1. Government dishing out millions to buddies and wasting your tax money on luxuries.

2. Morons not understanding that if you only have 5c. you cannot pay them 7c. Basic economics

In the end they will get their increase and who is gong to pay, you my friend. Like with the electricity and water in the near future, you will pay for incompetant officials mistakes and then they demand an increase way above inflation.

I wonder where these strikers (sheep) were 5 years ago when Government began the SWC projects? How that R60 odd billion could have been better spent...One would think 'teachers', people with an education, could have forseen the ecconomic disaster in the making?

Yes I can see you wringing your hands with gleeful joy, not too far removed from the protestors after all.

No no no Danger Dassie - you have it all wrong! My heart is bleeding for the people who suffer because of these idiots' behaviour! And the black people seem to be suffering more as they can be more easily intimidated.

I'm laughing because every one is now surprised that these barbaric savages could stoop so low.

And Luke - it's actually a very sad vindication of my point of view.

But still - we told you so...